UpdraftPlus 1.9.50 is in the process of being released – you should see it appear as an update in your WordPress dashboard in the next day or two.
There’s very little exciting in this release! The change log includes 17 small tweaks for better usability and minor corner-case issues found by customers. But every little helps, and so we recommend every updates – this is our best UpdraftPlus yet.
- Tweak: Importer now supports a previously-unseen format for WordPress Backup 2 Dropbox backups
- Tweak: Fix cron calculation that could have prevented UpdraftPlus loading when using ALTERNATE_WP_CRON (see 1.9.45)
- Tweak: If insufficient permissions exist when restoring, then exit maintenance mode when this is detected; and handle the case of having create but not drop permissions more elegantly
- Tweak: Defeat some other plugins/themes which load their CSS code onto UpdraftPlus settings page and break things
- Tweak: Prevent a “not tested on this version of WP” message showing for a short time after install of a new version, when it only applied to the previous version
- Tweak: Reduce HTTP timeout when checking for available plugin updates (paid versions) from 10 to 5 seconds
- Tweak: Tidy up the post-restore screen a little – one less info box.
- Tweak: When a restore finishes, WP Super Cache’s cache will be emptied (if present), to prevent confusion caused by cached pre-restore pages.
- Tweak: Slight change to how the ‘mothership’ for updates is calculated, for more flexibility in our in-house testing
- Tweak: Log more informative error if user chooses ‘FTP’ for their remote storage, but adds no FTP settings
- Tweak: Change “any other directory” to “any other file/directory” in the “more files” add-on, to better reflect its capabilities
- Tweak: Make sure that “more files” will skip UD’s temporary directory, if asked to back up a parent directory of it
- Tweak: Default to https for updates checking, with fallback to http (only relevant to versions from updraftplus.com)
- Tweak: Prevent ‘Strict Standards’ PHP coding notice with WebDAV on PHP 5.5
- Tweak: Provide clickable link through to the admin email address in the reporting settings
- Tweak: If the gzopen or gzread functions are disabled in the PHP install, then the message saying so omitted to say which one (or both)
- Fix: WebDAV upload method could very occasionally fail to detect upload error conditions
David Anderson (founder, lead developer, UpdraftPlus)