2.13.12.1 error thrown cannot access dashboard

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin 2.13.12.1 error thrown cannot access dashboard

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

After updating to 2.13.12.1 (from 2.13.11.22) and then trying to access pages, or users (and perhaps more) from the dash board in WP 4.8.2 gives me this, on a white page instead:

Error thrown
    Call to undefined method P:uc_v4_Factory::normalizePath()

Had to revert to 11.22 to be able to access anything when logged in as admin.

udadmin
    Keymaster

Analysing the code, I think that you must have a combination of three things:

1) Another third-party plugin installed which uses the same library as we do for accessing updates; but a different version.

2) Something which loads the “debug bar” extension for that class.

3) Apparently something which intercepts all errors and aborts WP if they occur and shows them on the screen instead.

I’d suggest de-activating other third-party plugins, updating, and then activating them one-by-one in order to identify the culprit.

David

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you… and OH BOY: we have 72 active plugins! I do have debug bar, so I’ll kill that and see what happens…..

Whee!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I killed debug bar, and the issue isn’t showing. It’s probably still there in the background, of course, but 72 plugins is more than I have time to deal with right now.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,

Glad that you found a work-around! To be clear: it’ll only be third-party plugins that the culprit could number among. i.e. No need to de-activate any wordpress.org plugins.

David

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘2.13.12.1 error thrown cannot access dashboard’ is closed to new replies.