admin-ajax excessive polling by updraft_ajax on different places

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin admin-ajax excessive polling by updraft_ajax on different places

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    webmaster.duchschererm
    Participant

Situation:
    Wordpress-Installation with activated UpdraftPlus Premium (all extensions).
    Stay on “Plugins”-Page, Updraft Settings pages and maybe some more pages.

• WP v.4.9.5
    • UpdraftPlus v2.14.5.1

In interval of 4-6 seconds, admin-ajax gets called with a get request like:
    <domain>/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=updraft_ajax&subaction=activejobs_list&nonce=<hexnumber>&downloaders= and takes 300-400ms.

Question:
    Why?

This eats up my CPU seconds for my hosting account and I don’t see a reason this should be called on the Plugins page.
    And what should be polled anyway? Even on the Updraft settings pages, I don’t see a reason to poll anything.
    Can I deactivate this polling please?

Thanks.

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,

Navigate away from the ‘Current Status’ tab, and then no polling will take place. Polling updates the current backup status. There are many ways that a backup can be started in the background (scheduled, WP-CLI, scripted), so polling is necessary to keep the status fresh. But if you move to a different tab, then it stops.

David

webmaster.duchschererm
    Participant

Have you read my post?
    That would be ok, if the polling is only on this one setting tab, but it is on all updraft setting pages and even on the normal “Plugins” page of WP.

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

Apologies for the delay.

We have now added this to our byuglist, and will be working on a fix for the issue.

Best Wishes,
    David N

Matthew
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

A fix should be included in our next release.

Best Wishes,
    David N

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘admin-ajax excessive polling by updraft_ajax on different places’ is closed to new replies.