(Aria) is not present

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Paul
    Participant

I have been trying to migrate a site and the save worked OK, but when I get to migrating (restoring) on the new server I get the following

Processing table (Aria): wp_options
    Requested table engine (Aria) is not present – changing to MyISAM.<br>
    An error (1) occurred: – Unknown storage engine ‘Aria’ – the database query being run was: CREATE TABLE wp_options ( option_id bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, option_name
    Disabling Maintenance mode…
    Error message: An error occurred on the first CREATE TABLE command – aborting run
    Restore failed…

Is this because different versions of MySQL are being used on the two servers? I have migrated between the two hosts before without problems. If so, what do I do?

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

It appears that the database that you are migrating uses a MySQL storage engine that is not enabled on the new server.

I would recommend first asking the hosts/server admin of the new server if it is possible to enable the Aria storage engine.

If not, it is possible to manually edit the database backup. If you are not familiar with MySQL, I can edit the backup file for you. If you need this, please could you open a support ticket here:
    https://updraftplus.com/paid-support-requests/

Best Wishes,
    David N

Paul
    Participant

Hi David

Thanks for replying. I got in touch with support and they gave me a few options. One was to unzip the db archive and replace all references to the engine with one that was supported on the new host, in this case MyISAM. It threw a different error when I tried to upload it and it turned out there was an Aria specific command PAGE_CHECKSUM=1 which needed all instances changed to CHECKSUM=1. Once that was done, it imported without a hitch.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘(Aria) is not present’ is closed to new replies.