Asynchronous Deletion

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    paul.b
    Participant

Can I have a retention rule that alpows me to keep say 7 backups on the loacal server and 90 on the remote? Disk space is at a premium on the website server but I have oodles of space on the sftp server.

paul.b
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi Paul,

There is an option under each remote storage where it says “Send scheduled backups to this destination”. Please refer to screenshot – https://share.getcloudapp.com/rRubjvEG

Thanks,
    Bryle

paul.b
    Participant

Yep, saw that, and set that. But if I say “retain this many scheduled backups – 14 ” will that remove remote copies that are > 14 days. as well as local copies?

Bryle Crodua

Hi Paul,

The retention rule will delete copies form both remote and local copies.

What is the “Add an additional retention rule…” option?

Thanks,
    Bryle

paul.b
    Participant

Hi Bryle

Thanks. So I can create additional rules to cut down the number of retentions by deleting everything older than x on a different cycle, but that will always be synchronous between local and remote

May I put ansynchronous rules forward as a feature request? My use case is that local storage is severely limited. I want to keep a few backups there so I can rowback easily but I want to keep a fuller history on my remote storage which has masses of free space

Vanessa

Please could you log feature requests here: https://updraftplus.com/feature-requests/

paul.b
    Participant

I’ve tried three times and evry time I get:

Something went wrong while trying to save your idea.

Bryle Crodua

Hi Paul,

Did you get any error message when saving? If it still doesn’t work, I will just forward your request to our team.
    There is no guarantee it will be implemented as we already have a roadmap of priorities.

Thanks,
    Bryle

paul.b
    Participant

Hi Bryle. The error message is in my previous reply “Something went wrong while trying to save your idea” – a bit too generic to be helpful I’m afraid. I WAS logged in.

Bryle Crodua

Hi Paul,

I will let my colleague know about the issue.

Thanks,
    Bryle

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Asynchronous Deletion’ is closed to new replies.