Backend/dashboard language

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    fernandocaneteperez
    Participant

Hi,

We are working in a german WordPress site and we have set the admin-profile language to english and all is in english in the backend except UpdraftPlus which is in german.

Is possible to get the plugin in english when the user profile is set to english?

Thanks.

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

Are you using any multi-language plugins on the site?

Best Wishes,
    David N

fernandocaneteperez
    Participant

Hi,

No, just the option field every WP user has in its own profile page. It works well with the other plugins we have.

Regards,
    F

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

I’m afraid that I have not been able to recreate the issue.

Please could you ensure that the user profile is set to ‘English (United States)’, as this is the default?

Best Wishes,
    David N

fernandocaneteperez
    Participant

Hi,

Yes, user is in English (United States) and site is in German.

I have the same problem in all my installations.

Regards,

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,

It’s very hard to suggest a cause, as language selection is entirely handled by WordPress core, not by individual components. If you look in wp-content/languages/plugins, are there any files for UD there?

Also – is your site connected for updates? Language files don’t get downloaded if it’s not.

David

fernandocaneteperez
    Participant

Hi,

Every installation we have has the same problem long time ago:

In the wp-content/languages/plugins folder we have ‘updraftplus-de_DE.mo’ and ‘updraftplus-de_DE.po’ that’s all in this folder.

Installation is in german and my administrator user is in english. All the plugins are well translated by default even WP-Optimize, which is yours, except ‘UP Backup/Restore’ (I use Pro of course)

We didn’t touch any translation. Just install and go.

Could you deepen the matter?

Thank you.

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

Apologies for the delay.

From your description, it appears that the other plugins are displaying in English because the German translation sets are not installed.

Please could you delete the ‘updraftplus-de_DE.mo’ and ‘updraftplus-de_DE.po’ files from the wp-content/languages/plugins folder. This will force UpdraftPlus to display in English.

Best Wishes,
    David N

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Backend/dashboard language’ is closed to new replies.