Backup Additional Database

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

Hi!
    I just purchased updraft plus and I am hoping that it can back up an additional database that I have that holds some data for my site. It is a totally separate database with different credentials. Is this in updraft, or is it an option to add in??

Thank you ! – Matt

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Matt,

That’s not currently possible, but we’ve done some of the internal work to make it possible (it’s been a request we’ve had a few times). What’s your timescale? I think we can make it possible in the next 3 weeks.

Best wishes,
    David

Michael
    Participant

David,

Do you mean that this can be a feature added to Updraft? If so, that would be amazing. I planned on launching this next week. I can manually back up the other database until your update comes out, if that is going to be in the works.

Thanks again – Matt

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, that’s right.

David

Michael
    Participant

Wonderful!

udadmin
    Keymaster

This has past testing and will be released next week, all being well.

David

Michael
    Participant

David, That is great news!

Michael
    Participant

David, can we hide the database credentials on the settings page once they are saved? I have other users that have admin privileges and I do not want them seeing the creds.

Again, thank you for adding this great feature!!

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

If you de-install UpdraftPlus, and then re-install it, then you will be able to star-out the passwords using the technique mentioned at the bottom of this page: https://updraftplus.com/faqs/in-the-administration-section-it-shows-my-amazon-ftp-etc-passwords-without-using-stars-is-this-safe/ (the version number will not change).

Note, though, that as explained on that page, this isn’t real security. If someone’s an admin, then they can easily get the data in other ways. Untrusted admins are really a contradiction in terms.

David

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Backup Additional Database’ is closed to new replies.