Backup directory could not be created…

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Backup directory could not be created…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Raymond
    Participant

The “Test SFTP/SCP Settings” say “SFTP settings test result: Success”.

I am doing this on a NAS Linux box on my LAN.

I got it set to save it at:

/media/USBdisk2-3TB/home/part2/mystuff/WordPress_Backup

Under setting it keeps saying:

Backup directory specified does not exist. Click here to attempt to create the directory and set the permissions

I do that and it can’t make the directory. I have the Rights and Owner to www-data.

The WordPress_Backup folder is set to www-data The folders before that are not.

Do I have to set all the folders before it to www-data for Rights and Owner?

The Permissions are 777 on WordPress_Backup and up but not back from there. I guess that my be it?

-Raymond Day

Raymond
    Participant

Looks like I got it. It was a temp folder on the server with my WordPress that it has to make the zip files on then send them to the backup server.

It’s backing up now looks like it’s working.

-Raymond Day

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Ray,

Glad you got that working. Yes, that’s correct – the directory mentioned is the local one. The remote (SFTP) one is instead configured in the “Remote Storage” section. But, it looks like you figured that out.

Best wishes,
    David

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Backup directory could not be created…’ is closed to new replies.