Backup error

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Kenneth Chung
    Participant

Dear UpdraftPlus Team,

Hello.
    My name is Kenneth Chung.
    I purchased updraftplus in order to backup my data before updating new version of wordpress.
    According to this link https://updraftplus.com/shop/updraftplus-premium/, I purchased $70 for personal use.

However, the thing is, it has kept showing that “upgrade now” for the Updraftplus premium. I thought that this cost was for the premium.
    I do not want to loose all the data base after updating wordpress new version. Please explain to me how to backup all the data using this updraftplus premium.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Kenneth Chung

Kenneth Chung
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi,

What version of UpdraftPlus you are currently using?

If your versions shows 1.16.26, then it still shows that you are currently using the free version of UpdraftPlus.

Can you please check and follow this guide to re-install

Installing your purchase of UpdraftPlus Premium or individual add-ons

Please de-install first the free version as described in step 1 and then on step 2 download the premium base file. Once the base file is installed you should then be able to proceed with step 3 onwards.

Regards,
    Bryle

Kenneth Chung
    Participant

Thank you for your reply.
    Yes, my version was 1.16.26 so that I just did step 1 & 2 to delete this version.
    However, when I tried to download it again, it kept showing it failed. Please see the message below:

Downloading install package from https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/updraftplus.1.16.26.zip…
    Unpacking the package…
    Installing the plugin…
    Destination folder already exists. /home/hellodream/public_html/wp-content/plugins/updraftplus/
    Plugin install failed.
    Return to Plugin Installer

In addition, is there any difference between updraftplus or premium when I download it again?
    Please give me any advice.

Thank you for your help and time!

Best regards,

Kenneth Chung

Kenneth Chung
    Participant

I found what happened.
    When I tried to download it, I could only see the free version, which is 1.16.26.
    Where can I find the premium base file of updraftplus?

My website URL is https://www.mydreaminc.com.
    If you can help with this, please let me know.

I need to update WordPress version, but I haven’t done backup of data.
    That’s why I purchased this updraft before updating a new version.

Please help.

Thank you.

Best,

Kenneth Chung

Kenneth Chung
    Participant

Hello.
    I am sorry to bother you again.
    I just want to let you know that I downloaded a latest version of Updraftplus.
    However, another issue occurred that backup doesn’t work. I deleted all the previous backup files in the older version and tried to re backup the files. However, unexpected response: security check happened continually. In my opinion, if this issue has kept occurred, then I am not able to use this program and get a refund for this. I apologize that I am not good at doing this stuff.

Please give me some advice.

Thanks.

Best,

Kenneth Chung

Bryle Crodua

Hi Kenneth

“unexpected response: security”
    > This usually means expired login session. Please try to logout of your website and login again or try using a different browser.

If you need to get a refund though, please send your request here – https://updraftplus.com/paid-support-requests/

Thanks,
    Bryle

Kenneth Chung
    Participant

Thankfully, I was able to do backup but I have one more question.
    When I was doing backup and logged in back and forth, there are several existing backup files.
    However, if the blue bar which shows to create file backup zips is still in the middle of it, should I continue to do backup before I update WordPress as a new version? Is that correct? To be honest with you, I am not familiar with this program. All I want to is to update the WordPress site, but I don’t want to lose all the data we have. Please let me know any thought.

Thank you for your help and support.

Best regards,

Kenneth Chung

Bryle Crodua

Hi Kenneth,

Apologies for the delay.

“However, if the blue bar which shows to create file backup zips is still in the middle of it, should I continue to do backup before I update WordPress as a new version? Is that correct?”
    > What I understand is there is an in progress backup taking place? If so, you would need to stop the backup first before running a new one.
    See how to do that here – https://updraftplus.com/faqs/how-do-i-stop-an-in-progress-backup/

Regards,
    Bryle

Kenneth Chung
    Participant

Thank you for sharing the link.
    I think it takes forever to do backup all the data in the website.

I have been trying to backup manually because it is the first time, and there are six existing backup files.
    The reason why I have six files is because it keeps showing unexpected security error or something.
    I logged in and started backup again. In addition, all six files are different, which means that some files have database only, and others have plugin, themes, etc. I don’t understand how it is processing.

My question is, should I delete all the existing backup files, then log in web admin and re-download it?
    Or is it okay to leave like that and start to press the button “bakcup” again? (this blue bar is still in the middle of it.)

If you don’t understand what I am saying, please let me know if there is any email address that I can send. Then, I will send a screenshot.

Thank you for your time and support.

Best,

Kenneth Chung

Bryle Crodua

Hi Kenneth,

“My question is, should I delete all the existing backup files, then log in web admin and re-download it?”
    > It is okay to delete it if not needed or leave it there if you want to keep it. It is really up to you. :)

“Or is it okay to leave like that and start to press the button “bakcup” again? (this blue bar is still in the middle of it.)”
    > If the backup is still in progress then do not delete the files.

Can you send us a copy of the latest backup log? So I can help you check why the backup is not successfully completing.
    This can be found in the UpdraftPlus Existing Backups tab.
    Please copy the content into an online service such as Dropbox or Pastebin, and post the link here.

If you want to send screenshots, you can send it here. You need to upload it to a remote storage or use online screenshot tools too. If you want to post privately, tick the “Set as a private reply”.

Best Wishes,
    Bryle

Kenneth Chung
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi Kenneth,

Sorry, the link you provided cannot be accessed. Please can you send it again?

If you want to delete all backup files you can delete local backups in the “wp-content/updraft” folder via FTP or cPanel File manager and for remote storage you can delete them directly too by logging in to your account. eg. your Dropbox account, Google Drive account

Regards,
    Bryle

Kenneth Chung
    Participant

The thing is, is that okay to delete all the existing files before I update the new version of the website?
    To be honest, this site hasn’t managed almost for four years, and I need to update it as a new version. However, WordPress has kept showing the message that I need to backup all the files. As I mentioned above, backup is still working on because I can see the blue bar or something is still in the middle of it.
    In addition, I tried to put the link of the screen shot, but an error occurred.

What is the policy for a refund? I will might need to get a refund unless I get no benefit after purchasing this.

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Kenneth Chung

Kenneth Chung
    Participant

Hi.
    This is what I have the same issue.
    Please read it below:
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cannot-finish-backup-help-please/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • The topic ‘Backup error’ is closed to new replies.