backup failed to upload to Dropbox.

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin backup failed to upload to Dropbox.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Sara Graybill
    Participant

I’m trying to backup each of my sites and have them automatically upload to Dropbox. It’s worked on a couple of my sites but most of them have failed when it tries to upload to Dropbox. Below is my log file.

Sara Graybill
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    Sara Graybill
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi,

It shows that the backup process is timed out or killed off.

Could you try to reduce the backup archive split size. This will split the backup into smaller, more manageable files.

To do this, open the ‘expert settings’ section of the UpdraftPlus Settings tab, and find the ‘split backups every’ option. Set this to 25mb, save your settings and run a new process.

If the issue persists, please ask your hosts/server admin to investigate their PHP error logs. These logs should contain more information on the exact issue that is causing the backup process to halt.

You can check this video on how to split archive here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6yuXojgUBY.

Kind Regards,
    Bryle

Sara Graybill
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve tried backing it up with the split backups set to 25mb and it is still having issues. I’ve spoken with the support for my server and they went through the error logs and they say that it is failing on the upload to dropbox. The backups work fine if I try to just do a regular backup without an upload. They say that it looks like there might be another upload happening at the same time in dropbox but I’m not sure what it would be. I’ve included the snippet of the error log that they highlight and say is the issue below. They recommended talking to Dropbox support but their support said they didn’t specifically support WordPress and there wasn’t anything they could do about it. They said to just download the files to my computer and then upload them which kind of defeats the purpose. Do you all have any suggestions on how to proceed? I’m really not sure what to do next but I really need this to work correctly.

Error message: 0000.067 (0) Terminate: backup_2021-08-26-1205_Energy_Spectrum_3d97f17602e5-plugins.zip exists with activity within the last 30 seconds (time_mod=1630001138, time_now=1630001164, diff=26, size=33407.7KB). This likely means that another UpdraftPlus run is at work; so we will exit. 0000.069 (0) Rescheduling resumption 1: moving to 420 seconds from now (1630001584) 0000.072 (0) To decrease the likelihood of overlaps, increasing resumption interval to: 300 + 120 = 420

Thank you for your help!

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Can you test backing up just the database or without the “uploads” component and see if the backup successfully complete?
    Upload is usually the biggest component and takes a lot of resources to process. Let me know the result.

Thanks,
    Bryle

Sara Graybill
    Participant

I ran the backup with just the database and it failed as well.

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

If the backup can’t complete with just the database alone then your host must have resources limit. UpdraftPlus has been designed to be dependent on your server resources as we’ve written in our FAQ here.

Can you ask your host to increase your server I/O limit, maximum_execution_time and site memory?

Thanks,
    Bryle

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘backup failed to upload to Dropbox.’ is closed to new replies.