Backup File Missing

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer Adkins
    Participant

I did a manual backup and got the message that my backup was complete. I needed to see some old settings, so I restored my website to 5/10. When done, I wanted to restore my website to today’s backup file. However, it is not there. I have 3 days of hard work absolutely missing. Anything I can do?

Jennifer Adkins
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi,

May I know where you save your backups? Are you using a remote storage? If yes, you can download the backups directly from your storage. If none, you can download the backup on your local server. Can be found within the “wp-content/updraft” folder.

Regards,
    Bryle

Jennifer Adkins
    Participant

Jennifer Adkins <[email protected]>
    10:41 AM (14 minutes ago)
    to UpdraftPlus

I honestly don’t know. Everything has moved around or been deleted in the last 24 hours. It is obvious, I have a different person trying to help now (was working with Vanessa). so, let me tell you what has occurred (see below). I HAVE to get my website back TODAY. This has taken me months of work and is worth over $5K and the client is supposed to launch their product next week. This is due to an error with the Updraft plug-in and not my error.

Website info:
    My website is topbananahomedecor.com (the one I am trying to get back)
    I have an old site that I am not using, but it is active which is topbananahomedesign.com

History:
    Yesterday around 12 pm EST, I backed up my site (topbananahomedecor.com) with UpdraftPlus & I received a “backup complete” message
    I then restored my last backup from May 10th, because I wanted to look at some formatting that I had previously.
    My intent was then to restore my website with the backup I did around 12 pm yesterday. However, when I looked under my backups, there was NO backup from May 13th to be found (anywhere).
    I exchanged emails with Updraft Support and they instructed me to do the following:
    I then manually uploaded the wrong backup files, which were actually from topbananahomedesign.com > RESULT> topbananahomedecor.com was redirected to topbananahomedesign.com and my website was gone!
    I then followed the below instructions that Vanessa gave me, which did result in me being able to access my website topbananahomedecor.com, but the actual website itself is still gone.
    image.png
    I then did a “Search / replace database” by Searching for: (topbananahomedesign.com) and Replace with: (topbananahomedecor.com)
    This is where we left off. I have my domain URL back, but no website. My assumption is that the May 13th download never occurred and that I will have to go back to the May 10th download to restore my site. However, I don’t even see my May 10th backup files anymore. AND if I can’t get back to my May 13th files, I’ve still have lost about 20 hours of work. But in any event, at least if I can get my site restored to May 10th.

Jennifer Adkins
    Participant

I really need my website back today. Please help.

Jennifer Adkins
    Participant

my current website topbananahomedecor.com is has adopted the website and mirrors topbananahomedesign.com. Can someone please help me!

Jennifer Adkins
    Participant

Thanks for nothing! I figured it out myself after 10 hours. I got my website back.

Bryle Crodua

Hi Jennifer,

Apologies for the delay.

If you need urgent and quick help, we do have one-time support packages available here – https://updraftplus.com/shop/get-support/

Thanks,
    Bryle

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Backup File Missing’ is closed to new replies.