Backup gets stuck

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Alan
    Participant

Hi David,

we have a problem with the backup on a particular website, where it always gets stuck and never finishes. Near the end of the log file there is always a line saying

File exists (…), but was apparently not modified within the last 30 seconds, so we assume that any previous run has now terminated (time_mod=1425305846, time_now=1425306173, diff=327)

Here is the complete log file (splitted in 2 parts as it was too big for pastebin):

UpdraftPlus Log (Part 1)
    https://pastebin.com/rS0hhZjM

UpdraftPlus Log (Part 2)
    https://pastebin.com/jsurqHhX

I found some threads where you suggested to add either this

define(‘UPDRAFTPLUS_NO_BINZIP’, true);

or this

define(‘UPDRAFTPLUS_PREFERPCLZIP’, true);

to the wp-config.php, but unfortunately it didn’t have any effect in this case. Do you maybe have any other suggestions what we might try?

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Alan,

Try reducing the “split” setting found in the ‘expert’ section at the bottom of the ‘Settings’ tab, down to 50Mb. Then save settings and start a fresh backup. The log indicates the webserver is a bit underpowered, and does not allow UpdraftPlus to run for very long, either – there’s no enough time to do enough useful things before it kills off UpdraftPlus. Reducing the split size will help with this.

David

Alan
    Participant

Hi David, that worked indeed, thank you!

Adina
    Participant

Hi
    I am doing this too (splitting the upload into 50mb chunks). But what does this mean for when we have to restore? Will all the individual 50mb files have to be pieced back together?

Adina
    Participant

I am having the same problem on 2 websites. I changes the expert settings to split the files but it doesnt work.

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Adina,

I can see that you’ve logged support ticket with the same question in – I’ll reply to that.

Best wishes,
    David

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Backup gets stuck’ is closed to new replies.