Backup hangs even after resumptions

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Backup hangs even after resumptions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Emmanuel Jaep
    Participant

Hi,

I just bought a license of UpdraftPlus and I get manage to get a backup from our site. It basically stay stuck after a while.
    The current log can be found here: https://pastebin.com/CjQjpRp6

I went through the FAQ and found that it may be related to the lack of traffic on our site. In order to work around this issue, I did put a simple script in place to generate traffic:
    watch curl https://mysite.mydomain.com

I also read in the forums that it may be related to the size of the archive. I changed the UpdraftPlus configuration to split the archive at 50MB.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Emmanuel

Emmanuel Jaep
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi Emmanuel,

Apologies. It shows you have version 2.16.47.0 this means add-ons aren’t activated yet. If add-ons are activated it should show version 2.16.47.25.

Could you please reconnect the plugin by entering your username and password in the “Premium/Extensions” tab?

Also It shows that the backup process is timed out or killed off.

Could you try to reduce the backup archive split size. This will split the backup into smaller, more manageable files.

To do this, open the ‘expert settings’ section of the UpdraftPlus Settings tab, and find the ‘split backups every’ option. Set this to 25mb, save your settings and run a new process.

If the issue persists, please ask your hosts/server admin to investigate their PHP error logs. These logs should contain more information on the exact issue that is causing the backup process to halt.

Kind Regards,
    Bryle

Emmanuel Jaep
    Participant

Hi Bryle,

that was it. Thank you.

Emmanuel

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Backup hangs even after resumptions’ is closed to new replies.