Backup Process Crashed Site

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Martin Reed
    Participant

I recently upgraded from the free version to the premium version and ran a backup routine. My site then crashed (503 error). I can only access my site again if I rename the updraftplus plugin folder to deactivate the plugin. As soon as I rename the folder back to updraftplus my site crashes again so I seem to be completely unable to activate the plugin at this time. I can’t access the log files (unless they are accessible via FTP?) since as soon as I reactivate the plugin, my site goes down.

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

A HTTP ‘503’ error indicates that server is unavailable.
    This indicates that the site may be encountering a memory limit error.

I would recommend asking your hosts to check the memory limit for the server, and the PHP error logs. These logs should contain further information on what is causing the 503 error.

Best Wishes,
    Bryle

Martin Reed
    Participant

It’s a 504 error that I am getting when I try to activate the plugin, not 503 as I had mistakenly written originally.

The only item I see getting written to the log is this:

2019/12/13 00:35:56 [error] 1113#1113: *3274 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, request: “GET /wp-admin/options-general.php?page=updraftplus HTTP/1.1”, upstream: “fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php-73-fpm-bpool7.sock”

How can I reactivate the plugin without taking down my site?

Martin Reed
    Participant

Update: I now seem able to activate the plugin and my site stays live, but I cannot access this page: wp-admin/options-general.php?page=updraftplus — whenever I try to do so, I get the 504 error.

Martin Reed
    Participant

I am also unable to load wp-admin/plugins.php

This is crazy — I was running the free version for years with no problems. As soon as I pay for the premium version, I’m running into this problem!

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

The installation appears to be failing partway.

The best solution is to manually remove ‘updraftplus’ folder via FTP from the ‘wp-content/plugins/’ directory.

Then manually upload the plugin via FTP. Download a fresh copy of the plugin from our install guide here. Then, unzip and upload to ‘wp-content/plugins’ so it becomes ‘wp-content/plugins/updraftplus’.

After uploading the files, you can then activate the add-ons and connect the plugin to UpdraftPlus.com from your WordPress dashboard.

Kind Regards,
    Bryle

Martin Reed
    Participant

I have tried doing exactly what you described, but as soon as I install and activate the plugin, I can no longer load wp-admin/options-general.php?page=updraftplus since the page will throw a 504 error.

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Please can you check with your host and see if they are able to shed some light on the issue?

Regards,
    Bryle

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Backup Process Crashed Site’ is closed to new replies.