Backup Sub Domain

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mario
    Participant

Hello! Could you support me to know how I can include a subdomain in my backup please? Thank you!

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

UpdraftPlus Premium gives the option to add any other file/folder to the backup. This can be found in the ‘Include in files backup’ options.

You will need to add the absolute file-path to the directory. The absolute path to the WordPress root can be found in the Advanced Tools tab under ‘ABSPATH’.

If the sub-domain directory is in the WordPress root directory, then it will be included in the ‘WP Core’ section of the backup.

If the sub-domain is a WordPress site, we would recommend installing UpdraftPlus separately.

Best Wishes,
    David N

Mario
    Participant

I get it. Thank you.

Question, in my subdomain will my main site license work?

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

If you are installing UpdraftPlus Premium/an add-on on the sub-domain site, this will require its own licence.

UpdraftPlus Premium purchases come with a minimum of 2 licences. However, individual add-ons will require one purchase per site.

Best Wishes,
    David N

LauraMarieA
    Participant

I am not a geek at all. Let me tell you what happened and I would appreciate it if you could tell me what to do:

I have Updraft Plus. I added an addon-domain to my main site. The plugin “updraft plus” is now on the addon-domain and not on the main one. These are both my websites. I do massage and teach yoga. One massage web and one for yoga. My biggest business is the massage, but the plugin is not there it moved to the yoga site when I added in on.

Are both sites backed up at once? Do I need “Premium” ? I am worried that my massage web will not be backed up, but I have also purchased many plugins that I don’t need. I wish there were a chat button to get help quickly.

I am guessing that I leave this page open, refresh and hope for an answer? I hope that is correct.

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Laura,

If, on each site, you go to the “Plugins” page in your WordPress dashboard, is UpdraftPlus installed? If so, then it will backup.

Licensing is about updates + support; lack of license doesn’t stop the plugin from running.

David

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Backup Sub Domain’ is closed to new replies.