Backup taking days

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    admin966
    Participant

Hi,

I am new to web building. I have downloaded your plugin and paid for the pro but I am still experiencing a problem with the backup. We have reasonable internet connect but the backup is taking days to complete and never actually completing. I have one completed one which is just plugins. I have gone to my google drive account and there is no backup there for it. I am now attempting to do a back up to my dropbox to see if that was any better but it has been going since the 17th April. There has to be something wrong.

Please can anyone help with any suggestions. Please explain in basic as I am not technical about all this.

Thank you.

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

It is possible that the backup is failing to complete.
    To help us work out the cause of your problem, can you please send us a copy of the backup log?
    This log can be found in the Existing Backups tab of the UpdraftPlus dashboard.

Regards,
    Bryle

admin966
    Participant

Hi Bryle,

Thank you for replying, apologise for the delay.

How do I send a copy of the backup log to you?

Regards,

Katie

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

You can use an online took like pastebin.com or use your dropbox to upload the long and send us the link here.

Regards,
    Bryle

admin966
    Participant

Hi Bryle,

I have added it to my dropbox, here is the link https://www.dropbox.com/s/fn0ogmjqdp4hj3q/log.c58fb03e7625.txt?dl=0

Thank you.

Katie

admin966
    Participant

Hi Bryle,

I am just wondering if you have been able to check my link to see the backup file? I am still experiencing problems.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Katie

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Hi Sandra,

It shows that the backup process is timed out or killed off.

Could you try to reduce the backup archive split size. This will split the backup into smaller, more manageable files.

To do this, open the ‘expert settings’ section of the UpdraftPlus Settings tab, and find the ‘split backups every’ option. Set this to 50Mb save your settings and run a new process.

If the issue persists, please ask your hosts/server admin to investigate their PHP error logs. These logs should contain more information on the exact issue that is causing the backup process to halt.

Kind Regards,
    Bryle

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Backup taking days’ is closed to new replies.