Backup taking to much time and even not terminating

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Backup taking to much time and even not terminating

Tagged: 

• This topic has 37 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Cornelie.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    louis.deschenes
    Participant

I have been using UpdraftPlus with GoogleDrive for more than 2 years and never had problem.
    I have change nothing lately but starting on dec 6 backup are taking too much time, timing out and even not terminate.
    Backup that used to take 10 min took 5-6 hours on dec 6 and 7 and did not even terminate today (dec 8).
    I have 2 sites (one with basic and the other one with premium and the problem is in both versions)

Those 2 tickets posted in Worpress Support are describing the same problem:
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cannot-finish-backup-help-please/
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/unable-to-create-a-manual-backup/

UpgraphPlus you have to fix that… it makes your plugin completely useless!

louis.deschenes
    Participant
    Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Please can you send us a copy of the backup log? So I can ask our development team to investigate on the issue.
    This can be found in the UpdraftPlus Existing Backups tab.
    Please use an online service such as Dropbox or Pastebin for the log, and post the link here.

Best Wishes,
    Bryle

louis.deschenes
    Participant

Yesterday’s backup (dec 9 ) never terminated.
    I did change that size of file from 300 to 100.
    Today’S backup (dec 9) terminated after more that 4 hours (it normally takes 10 min)
    I created a pastebin with today’s log https://pastebin.com/qMFd2EEF

From post in WordPress forum https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cannot-finish-backup-help-please/#post-12220031
    it is not related to hosting provider. He is using also GoogleDrive but his hoster is Hostgator, mine is Bluehost.

Hope you could fix this quickly. Thanks.

louis.deschenes
    Participant

You made and announcement on dec 6 about new support for Linode Cloud Storage.
    That is THE day that we started having problems.
    If you made any change in your system in relation with Linode it could be where to look for the problem we are having.

louis.deschenes
    Participant

Hi,

Did you analyse the log ? Any finding ?

I upgraded to version 2.16.21.24 and still same problem : backup takes 5 hours instead of 5-10 minutes.

louis.deschenes
    Participant

Hi,

Any one looking into my problem ???
    Its been 4 days now that i did send you the log…

I am not the only one having this problem. More case here and on WordPress support forum.

mruggles
    Participant

I’m also having a similar problem. I thought maybe it was an issue with my website. Please help on this.

chrisghill
    Participant

I’m having this same issue, trying to use google drive and trying to use One drive and backblaze with same issue.

Bryle Crodua

Hi @louis.deschenes,

Apologies for the late reply.

Have you already tested the latest plugin version? Do you still get the same issue with that?

@mruggles
    and @chrisghill, are you able to send us a copy of the backup log as well please?

Regards,
    Bryle

chrisghill
    Participant

Here’s my latest log. I communicated with my hosting provider and they have no php issues. The issue for me seems to be uploading to google drive as a remote host. The local backup to my web hosting provider account works as does using OneDrive.

https://pastebin.com/36pJAzaW

louis.deschenes
    Participant

Bryle,

Yes, I did tested with the latest version 2.16.21.24 (and tested again just now) and I am still having same problem.

It is time that you realize that there is a “real problem” with the PLUGIN (not with size of file chunk, not with the hosting providers, not with GoogleDrive, not with Dropbox, not with …). There are many of us reporting the same error both in this forum and WordPress forum. This is not an individual problem.

This has been going on now for more than 10 days.
    It is time that YOU GET THE DEVELOPERS INVOLVED.

Hope you fix that soon!

Shady Q
    Participant

We are still having this problem from 2 weeks, any update regarding that?

hmane

Hi there,

Could you try to reduce the backup archive split size. This will split the backup into smaller, more manageable files.

To do this, open the ‘expert settings’ section of the UpdraftPlus Settings tab, and find the ‘split backups every’ option. Set this to 25Mb save your settings and run a new process.

If the issue persists, please ask your hosts/server admin to investigate their PHP error logs. These logs should contain more information on the exact issue that is causing the backup process to halt.

Kind Regards,
    Harshad

Cornelie
    Participant

I think this is a general problem!

For example:
    one backup will take up around 3.08 GB
    this was possible before the update

after UpdraftPlus (even PRO!) it is not possible anymore

and you can’t ask me to split 3.08 GB in small 100MB Trunks ;=(

As this is a general problem (see all the other support posts) my hoster’s PHP Error Log will not bring something new at all.

Sorry for this,

Connie

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • The topic ‘Backup taking to much time and even not terminating’ is closed to new replies.