Backup to Dropbox and Restore from it

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Backup to Dropbox and Restore from it

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    KK
    Participant

Hi,

I just created a backup to dropbox without keeping local copy. I can still see one set of few kbs but originally it is on dropbox.

Can i restore it directly from dropbox or i have to download it and than upload it to my server to restore it?

Can i add my dropbox account to any other wordpress site and use it for restore instead of backup?

Thanks

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Karim,

If you are restoring to the same site it was created on, then no direct action should be needed – the backup should shop in the console of the site, and UD will automatically download it.

If you are wanting to restore to a different site (i.e. a migrate operation), then you currently have to download from Dropbox and upload into the new site. A future release of UD will have the feature to re-scan remote storage and find any backups there that other sites created – but that’s not yet possible. (Can’t indicate the timescale yet, either).

Best wishes,
    David

KK
    Participant

Awesome, thanks David (Y)

KK
    Participant

Hi David,

How can i set to have a local copy as well as upload it to dropbox?

Thanks

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Karim,

One way to do this is to sync your Dropbox/apps/UpdraftPlus folder onto your PC (using the Dropbox app).

Another is to go into the ‘expert’ settings and uncheck the ‘delete local copy after upload’ setting. Note that copies retained this way are not automatically deleted (i.e. the ‘retain’ settings don’t apply to them).

David

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Backup to Dropbox and Restore from it’ is closed to new replies.