Backup to FTP Failed – post migration to new host

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Backup to FTP Failed – post migration to new host

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tracie
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve set up the backups to store via FTP and tested the connection which is all fine. However, the back up to FTP always fails. The link below is to the log file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uq426tv2n28heb4/log.e7c0a671fe32.txt?dl=0

My new host (123 Reg) seem a bit behind with the whole wordpress thing, it’s quite slow and appears to be breaking up the Uploads file into about 32 odd files…?

Thanks, Tracie Callaghan.

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Tracie,

From the log, it appears that UpdraftPlus is unable to delete the local copies of the files after they have been uploaded to remote storage.

Please could you (or your hosts/server admin) check that WordPress has the correct file permissions to delete files in the ‘wp-content’ directory (specifically in the ‘wp-content/updraft’ directory in this case)?

Best Wishes,
    David N

Tracie
    Participant

Hi, I updated the permissions to 755 for all files in the updraft folder and also the uploads folder (there was a subsequent permissions error in UpdraftPlus settings in the wordpress dashboard). However I’m still getting an error on trying to back up:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qsiqtaqh5grbcie/log.10c6ef396073.txt?dl=0

Is this still file permissions related and if so, can you tell me exactly what needs changing?

Thanks, TC.

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

Apologies, it appears that I misread the error.
    Please could you check if the following files exist on the FTP server:

• public_html/backups/backup_2017-04-05-2053_lastlightcreations_4df33d2e2449-uploads26.zip
    • public_html/backups/backup_2017-04-14-2107_lastlightcreations_f8843b57caf4-uploads20.zip

It is possible that the backup files that UpdraftPlus is trying to delete no longer actually exist, but the record of the backup still exists.

If these files do not exist, please could you delete the following old backup sets in the Existing Backups tab:

• 2017-04-05-2053
    • 2017-04-14-2107

Best Wishes,
    David N

Tracie
    Participant

Hi David,

I’ve deleted everything I could find relating to backups (the FTP solder) and wp-content/updrafts apart from one from the 18th of April. I’ve also deleted everything (apart from the 18th one again) in the Existing Backups tab.
    I’ve re-run another backup and I’m still getting an error. It shouldn’t be trying to delete any existing files as I’ve set to retain 3 sets.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k1dq97qeiio2034/log.a7d17be9e75e.txt?dl=0

Thanks for your assistance.
    TC

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

Apologies for the delay.

From the log, it appears that there is a second error occurring.
    It appears that the FTP server does not allow for uploads to be restarted. As such, UpdraftPlus is encountering an error when trying to restart the upload.

Please could you ask your FTP server admin to allow restarts/resumes of uploads on the FTP server?

Best Wishes,
    David N

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Backup to FTP Failed – post migration to new host’ is closed to new replies.