Backup to FTP (SSL) impossible

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    orga-d
    Participant

after extrem trouble with OneDrive (many timeouts … ) we decide do backup on FTP over SSL. But it dont work. i get the following error message (in German):

FTP Einstellungs Testergebnis: Fehler: Wir konnten uns erfolgreich einloggen, konnten jedoch im angegebenen Verzeichnis keine Datei erstellen.
    Das wird manchmal durch eine Firewall verursacht – versuche, SSL in den Experten-Einstellungen zu deaktivieren und probiere es erneut.

Nachrichten:
    * PHP event: code E_WARNING: ftp_nb_fput(): php_connect_nonb() failed: Operation now in progress (115) (line 930, wp-content/plugins/updraftplus/addons/sftp.php)
    * PHP event: code E_WARNING: ftp_nb_fput(): Type set to I. (line 930, wp-content/plugins/updraftplus/addons/sftp.php)

i try login credentials on my ftp-client, create directorys, upload files, no problem.

so what’s wrong this time? i really hope you can help us. its trouble for us.

best regards

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

“FTP Einstellungs Testergebnis: Fehler: Wir konnten uns erfolgreich einloggen, konnten jedoch im angegebenen Verzeichnis keine Datei erstellen.”
    It appears to be a file permission/ownership issue, meaning UpdraftPlus or WordPress does not have the correct read or write permission to a certain folder or file.

The following article on Smashing Magazine is a good guide as to the file permissions/ownerships that are required for WordPress: https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2014/05/proper-wordpress-filesystem-permissions-ownerships/#file-and-folder-ownership-for-wordpress

Just want to check if the “Disable SSL entirely where possible:” is already ticked? This option can be found in the UpdraftPlus “Settings” tab > “Show Expert Settings”.

Best Wishes,
    Bryle

orga-d
    Participant

No, the FTP-User has write permissions as i said, i try the login credentials with my FTP-Client, create Directorys and upload Files, this works without Problems. So The Problem must be with UpdraftPlus. I can’t disable SSL because the FTP-Server require SSL.
    can you please provide me any solution ?

best regards

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

This issue can be caused by a firewall blocking the connection.

Please could you ensure that the ‘Passive mode’ option in the UpdraftPlus FTP settings is enabled, and test the connection again?

Best Wishes,
    Dee

orga-d
    Participant

Yes PassiveMode is enabled, same Problem. What can we do ?

orga-d
    Participant

i’ve tested another FTP-Server, other Host, same Problem exist.

orga-d
    Participant

We need Support to solve this issue, please help us ! its important!

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Apologies for the delay.

Please can you open a new ticket using this form – https://updraftplus.com/paid-support-requests/
    Please run a test backup, let the backup run for a few minutes and include the backup log in your ticket.

Regards,
    Bryle

orga-d
    Participant

I’ve send now a support ticket with pastebin logfile (if logfile is too big , cloudflare dont like it) over the contactform you’ve posted.

best regards

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Thank you! I’ve forwarded the ticket to my colleague to investigate further on the issue.

Regards,
    Bryle

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Backup to FTP (SSL) impossible’ is closed to new replies.