Backup uploading algorithm

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Harald Polz
    Participant

I don’t quite understand the strategy behind the backup uploading algorithm. If I understand the messages correctly the whole uploading process more or less stops if nobody accesses the website. Shouldn’t it be the other way round? If nothing else happens the upload process could use all available resources to speed up the uploading. In my case it takes almost 24 hours to accomplish the whole backup/uploading task. I started with uploading to OneDrive and now via FTP to my PC. Same result. This is a process that should be finished within an hour!
    Not being happy with this behavior I am looking for alternatives.
    E.g., if I leave the backup files in the WP Updraft directory, manually upload them via FTP to wherever, and finally delete them in the WP Updraft directory. How would that work if I need to restore using this backup set?

Is there another way to dramatically speed up the upload process by changing some settings?

The only thing I have tried so far is changing the split size to smaller and larger sizes. Did not make any noticeable difference.

Harald Polz
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Please check this FAQ: https://updraftplus.com/faqs/how-much-resources-does-updraftplus-need/

Can you also send us a copy of the backup log? So we can check further.

Best Wishes,
    Bryle

Harald Polz
    Participant

Thanks for the FAQ link but unfortunately that does not address my problem. I am NOT complaining about the backup, I am complaining about the time it takes to UPLOAD a backup.
    Therefore:

Is there a way to dramatically speed up the upload process by changing some settings?

and/or

If I leave the backup files in the WP Updraft directory, manually upload them via FTP to wherever, and finally delete them in the WP Updraft directory.
    How would that work if I need to restore using this backup set?

I have no idea how to send you a copy of my backup log if that would help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Backup uploading algorithm’ is closed to new replies.