Backuped this morning, but now an error message

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Backuped this morning, but now an error message

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Pete
    Participant

I have a backup from 07.00 this morning and need to do a re-install after only 4 hours due to some Plugin problems, When I go to my backups and click restored, I get this message

“The site in this backup was running on a webserver with version 5.4 of PHP. This is significantly newer than the server which you are now restoring onto (version 5.2.17). You should only proceed if you cannot update the current server and are confident (or willing to risk) that your plugins/themes/etc. are compatible with the older PHP version. Any support requests to do with PHP should be raised with your web hosting company.
    Warning: This looks like a migration (the backup is from a site with a different address/URL), but you did not check the option to search-and-replace the database. That is usually a mistake.”

What should I do?

Luke Cahill
    Spectator

Hi Pete,

If possible the best thing to do here would be to upgrade your server version of PHP to at least 5.4.

This should be possible using your hosts control panel, and if not you can ask your host if they will do this for you.

Since it looks like you are restoring onto a different websever (presumably with a different URL) then you should tick the option to search/replace the database, which appears when selecting to restore the database. This will change all of the URLs inside the database to point at the new website, rather than to the old one.

Best wishes,
    Luke

Pete
    Participant

Checked and it is still the same server and running php 5.4. The backup was done this morning so should install as normal.

Regards
    Pete

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Pete,

You’re saying the number’s now resolved? Or that there’s a problem with the server having PHP 5.4, but somehow telling PHP apps (i.e. WordPress in this case), that it’s really PHP 5.2? If the latter, you’d need to talk to the web hosting company – but, in all such cases we’ve ever seen before, when the user investigated, they found that the reported version number was the accurate one. You can use this plugin as another way to display the current PHP version number: https://wordpress.org/plugins/display-php-version/

David

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Backuped this morning, but now an error message’ is closed to new replies.