Best type of Restore for lost custom field?

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Best type of Restore for lost custom field?

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Bryle Crodua.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Robert Barnes
    Participant

Hi folks,

Re: WordPress 5.3.2 running Responsive Child Theme / Cyberchimps Responsive Version: 4.0.5. Firefox 74.0 on Windows 10.

Yesterday I was trying to customize the appearance of my Woocommerce shop on https://www.fifthestate.org/

To help with that I installed several plugins, one of which managed to take away admin visibility of a WP custom field (“subtitle”) that I use for one page template on my child theme.

The custom field still appears on existing pages but can’t be seen in the Custom Fields dropdown list.

I tried restoring Themes from my most recent UpdraftPlus backup but there was no change.

Is there a different type of UpdraftPlus Restore I can do that would bring back the lost Custom Field?

I will appreciate any and all help with this.

Robby Barnes

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Apologies for the delay.

I’m afraid there is no other type of UpdraftPlus Restore. You can only restore the entire database when restoring a backup.

Regards,
    Bryle

Robert Barnes
    Participant

Hello Bryle,

Thanks for your reply.

Do you know of a way I can back up single pages that were made recently so I can restore my last UpdraftPlus backup without losing them?

Best regards,

Robby

Bryle Crodua

Hi Robert,

I would suggest using WordPress import/export tool to backup single or selected pages. You can use the .xml file to import it back if you want to restore your site from a previous date.

Regards,
    Bryle

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Best type of Restore for lost custom field?’ is closed to new replies.