Bounceback when responding to email support

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Bounceback when responding to email support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Leo Bima
    Participant

I have been unable to respond to support emails, forcing me to create a new ticket every time I need to respond/communicate with support. I have contacted our email folks and they are saying this is an issue with UpdraftPlus’ email server configuration, specifically with DKIM.

UpdraftPlus – Can you check on with your email folks if anything has changed? We were able to email support successfully up until Nov. 3rd, 2022.
    Below is the body from the bounceback we are getting.

The original message was received at Mon, 28 Nov 2022 08:54:17 -0800 from m0166789.ppops.net [127.0.0.1]

—– The following addresses had permanent fatal errors —– <[email protected]>
    (reason: 550 DKIM validation failed: fail)

—– Transcript of session follows —– … while talking to mx2.simbahosting.co.uk.:
    >>> DATA
    <<< 550 DKIM validation failed: fail
    554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

Leo Bima
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    udadmin
    Keymaster

This is saying that the DKIM (cryptographic) signature on the email you are sending is invalid. This invalidity makes your mail impossible to distinguish from one sent by a forger. You need to speak to the people poviding your email service to get it corrected so that your outgoing mails don’t have invalid DKIM signatures. Or just use the forum here instead.

David

Leo Bima
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Bounceback when responding to email support’ is closed to new replies.