Can I downlaod the Clone from my site?

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Can I downlaod the Clone from my site?

• This topic has 27 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Bryle Crodua.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Martin Glogger
    Participant

Hi,
    I want running my site on my local webserver (XAMPP).
    So it would be very good, if I can download the Clone of my site, but it didn’t works.

Can you help me please to find a good solution for this problelm.

best regards

Martin

Martin Glogger
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi Martin,

For you to be able to migrate your site from clone to your local host/XAMPP, you will need to have the migrator add-on.
    Once you have the migrator you can then follow this guide to migrate site – https://updraftplus.com/faqs/how-do-i-migrate-to-a-new-site-location/

Thanks,
    Bryle

Martin Glogger
    Participant

Hi Bryle,

thank you for your answer.

I have the migrator add-on.
    Updraft wrote: “Clone expired but is available for recovery for a limited time 2022-02-08.”

So I hope I will make it by then.

I found this video:

Tomorrow I am going to try it.

I will get back to you to give you a feedback wether it will works or not.

bye
    Martin

Bryle Crodua

Hi Martin,

Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
    Bryle

Martin Glogger
    Participant

Hi Bryle,

I tried it and I learned that I can migrate my WP-System from my hosted server to my local server on the following way:

1. install a WP-System on my local server
    2. install updraft plus on this local system and generate a key with “get a key from a remote site”
    3. copy this key to my USB-Stick (the local system running on a seperate computer)
    4. go to my working station, log in to my hosted WP-System
    5. go to updraft and copy the key from USB to my hosted system and klick the Button “send a backup to another site”
    6. after the backup is complete transfered from the hosted to the local system, I can restore it

in the best case the hosted system running on the local system :-)

Is that the right way?

If it is, I am going to do that tomorrow and I give you a short feedback, if it works.

bye

Martin

Bryle Crodua

Hi Martin,

Yes, that looks good to me.

Thanks,
    Bryle

Martin Glogger
    Participant

Hi Bryle,

I did it step by step until I got the error:
    “Unexpected response: Error: Unexpected HTTP response code (404) (unexpected_http_code). You should check that the remote site is online, ……”

I found out that I can’t migrate my WP-System from the external host to the local host. I won’t works even if I deactivate my firewall and so on. There is no Access – “Localhost” is a special address that means “the same computer”.

I think abhout it and solve the problem by storing an complete updraft backup in the Updraft-Folder.
    After that I migrate the backup with “Restore this Location with a existing backup”.

It works :-)
    Now I can edit and proof my site local but there are warnings in the site and it takes a very long time to load the side datas from the database.

Do you have some ideas to solve this problems?

best regards

Martin

Bryle Crodua

Hi Martin,

What are those warnings that you are getting?

Try increasing the site memory on your localhost. See if it helps.

Thanks,
    Bryle

Martin Glogger
    Participant

Hi Bryle,

————————-
    error: The local server is still very slow.
    ————————-

I proofed the configuration for the PHP Memory Limit.
    It is 512M. I think that is enough.
    I change the hardware (SSD instead of HDD, 8 GByte RAM instead of 4 GByte) to running the local server system.

What is the problem?
    Tomorrow I will run my old XAMPP (PHP 7.0) with my old drupal site. So I can see wether the problem is specifically WordPress or other systems too.

————————-
    error: I missing a lot of pictures in my frontend.
    ————————-

There are only show pictures from folders like:

https://localhost/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/martin-glogger-46.png
    https://localhost/wp-content/uploads/bilder/layout/logo-mit-slogan.gif
    https://localhost/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/workshop-lernen-lernen.png

It don’t show pictures from folders like:

https://localhost/learning/files/2012/01/baum-waechst-aus-buch-80×80.jpg
    https://localhost/aktiv-mitmachen/files/2018/02/anleitung-zum-gluecklichsein.jpg

What can I do?

————————-
    error: There are some warnings.
    ————————-

For example:

Warning: “continue” targeting switch is equivalent to “break”. Did you mean to use “continue 2”? in C:\xampp\htdocs\wp-content\plugins\qtranslate-x\qtranslate_frontend.php on line 497

Warning: Parameter 2 to qtranxf_excludeUntranslatedPosts() expected to be a reference, value given in C:\xampp\htdocs\wp-includes\class-wp-hook.php on line 303

Warning: Parameter 2 to qtranxf_postsFilter() expected to be a reference, value given in C:\xampp\htdocs\wp-includes\class-wp-hook.php on line 303

Warning: Parameter 2 to qtranxf_excludeUntranslatedPosts() expected to be a reference, value given in C:\xampp\htdocs\wp-includes\class-wp-hook.php on line 303

Warning: Parameter 2 to qtranxf_postsFilter() expected to be a reference, value given in C:\xampp\htdocs\wp-includes\class-wp-hook.php on line 303

All the warnings are caused from Qtranslate.

solution:
    I want deinstall the plugin “Qtranslate”.

It is not quite easy to deinstall this plugin.
    Do you know a good concept to do this?

I have to admit, I imagined the whole thing to be easier. But this way I also learn a lot.

bye
    Martin

Bryle Crodua

Hi Martin,

I notice that the links are not default WordPress files.
    https://localhost/learning/files/2012/01/baum-waechst-aus-buch-80×80.jpg
    https://localhost/aktiv-mitmachen/files/2018/02/anleitung-zum-gluecklichsein.jpg

To include non-WordPress files, you need to add the folders in the UpdraftPlus “Settings” tab >”Any other file/directory you wish to include in the backup” then locate the folders. You will also have to manually restore these files via FTP/cPanel.

Thanks,
    Bryle

Martin Glogger
    Participant

I did it but it didn’t works.
    I got the following failure that I copied from the end of my backup log-file:

67340.509 (4) Table wp_yoast_migrations: corresponding file already exists; moving on
    67340.511 (4) Table wp_yoast_primary_term: corresponding file already exists; moving on
    67340.512 (4) Table wp_yoast_seo_links: corresponding file already exists; moving on
    67340.514 (4) Table wp_yoast_seo_meta: corresponding file already exists; moving on
    67340.516 (4) Errors occurred whilst backing up the tables; will cease and wait for resumption

Another problem was update from the basic backup.
    I uploaded it to the updraft folder but it was canceled because it was to big.
    I changed the configuration network-wide from 10 MByte to 100 MByte. THe backup was abhout 70 MByte.
    After that I tried it a second time but it didn’t works.

What should I do?

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

“I did it but it didn’t works.”
    > Sorry, what did not work? The manual restore of the files outside the wp-content?

Regarding the other problem, if you get an error uploading within the WordPress dashboard that might be due to your server limitations, try uploading it via FTP/cPanel File Manager.

Thanks,
    Bryle

Martin Glogger
    Participant

The last message is
    ” Errors occurred whilst backing up the tables; will cease and wait for resumption”

After that Updraft stop the backup and don’t start again.
    I wait for at least 2 hours. But there are no changes in the actual log file!

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

If I understand correctly, you are saying that the backup is not working right?
    If yes, can you provide us a copy of the backup log?
    This can be found in the UpdraftPlus Existing Backups tab.
    The contents will be too long to post here directly, but you can use an online service such as Dropbox or Pastebin, and post the link here.

Thanks,
    Bryle

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • The topic ‘Can I downlaod the Clone from my site?’ is closed to new replies.