Cannot connect a new Site – Connection Error

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftCentral site management plugin Cannot connect a new Site – Connection Error

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Marcus
    Participant

Hi,
    i can’t connect a new site to my central (it would be the 10th, so it’s a new issue).
    Every time i try to add – the following error occurs:

Error: This key could not be added – it may be too long since you generated it; please try again.

I tried all methods, same again and again.

Do you have any advice?

Siteinfo: https://www.clickisi.com/files/siteinfo.jpg
    javaconsole: https://www.clickisi.com/files/java.jpg

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

It is possible that your site’s server’s clock is misconfigured. Could you check that the server is set to the correct time (your hosts/server admin should be able to confirm this).

Best Wishes,
    David N

Marcus
    Participant

Hi David,

strange – i literally changed nothing, but trying to connect from my home-pc instead my office – now it worked.

Thank you

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Marcus,

The time on the computer that the browser was running on may also be involved. Glad you got it working!

David

Jens
    Participant

Hi,
    same Problem here.
    The interesting thing ist, that the time from my Backup is for Example 9:15, the time from my Central key is then 8:15.
    And whe i try to add a new Website: Error: This key could not be added – it may be too long since you generated it; please try again.

what can i do?

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Jens,

Are you using UpdraftCentral Cloud, or the self-install plugin?

Could you (or your hosts/server admin) check the server clock for your site?

Best Wishes,
    David N

Jens
    Participant

Hi David,
    i use the self-install plugin.
    Both Website, mothership and client, are on the same Server.

And what i dont understand is the different time in Backup and Key generation.

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Jens,

The time for the “Created:” field in the UpdraftCentral tab is in UTC, whereas backups are shown according to the WordPress timezone. Assuming that your timezone is UTC+1, those two times are the same, so it sounds like the problem is somewhere else.
    Looking at the code, as far as I can see, only the server time matters (so, even if wrong, if it’s the same server, it should be consistent), and it allows a 3-hour window (so even if there was a timezone error of 1 hour, that should not be involved). So, I am puzzled. It may be that timezone is not involved at all – the place in the code where that is checks other things too. Can you try again, and copy/paste the key into this thread (as a private reply), and confirm that it failed when attempted?

David

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Cannot connect a new Site – Connection Error’ is closed to new replies.