Cannot make a connection to UpdraftPlus.com

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Cannot make a connection to UpdraftPlus.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    David
    Participant

Hi David,

That error usually means that our anti-attack provider (CloudFlare) is blocking the access. That usually means that your webserver hosts malware. But, it looks like you’re with a shared hosting provider so it’s probably someone else’s site rather than yours.

Please can you go to the Debugging tab in the UpdraftPlus settings, and enter this in the “HTTP Fetch” field:

https://ifconfig.me/ip

Then click on “Fetch”, wait a few seconds, and tell me the result it prints. Then I can unblock you.

David

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi David,

That error usually means that our anti-attack provider (CloudFlare) is blocking the access. That usually means that your webserver hosts malware. But, it looks like you’re with a shared hosting provider so it’s probably someone else’s site rather than yours.

Please can you go to the Debugging tab in the UpdraftPlus settings, and enter this in the “HTTP Fetch” field:

https://ifconfig.me/ip

Then click on “Fetch”, wait a few seconds, and tell me the result it prints. Then I can unblock you.

David

David
    Participant

Thank you david for a rapid response!

I did as suggested but again got a permissions denied: ‘Failed to connect to 49.212.202.172: Permission denied’

Yes it is a shared server that my client is using. She has a simple html site at the moment but no malware there that I can see. As you say, maybe another site.

I’m happy to PM access details if that make it easier to resolve.

Best regards

David

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi David,

I think that your webserver is just blocking all outgoing connections (or at least, all of some unknown type). So, I’ve attached the plugin to an email which I’ve sent you including the Migrator add-on – just de-install your existing plugin and install this one instead.

Best wishes,
    David

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Cannot make a connection to UpdraftPlus.com’ is closed to new replies.