Cannot restore database from backup

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Cannot restore database from backup

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    a.weimann
    Participant

Since yesterday, when I restore the database with updraft plus, I get an error from WordPress that the database needs repairs, but all tables are okay.

I found, that the wp_options table was not restored entirely, so the siteurl and other important settings are missing. In the log I find this message:

An error (1) occurred: The size of BLOB/TEXT data inserted in one transaction is greater than 10% of redo log size. Increase the redo log size using innodb_log_file_size. – SQL query was (type=3): INSERT INTO wp_options VALUES (1, ‘siteurl’,

It occured on a client’s site who is running on cloudways. I tried to replicate the problem on my local WAMP site and got the same error. I tried to increase the innodb_log_file_size from 5M to 32M but this did not fix the issue.

Can anybody help?

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

Please could you send us a copy of the restoration log?
    This can be found in the ‘wp-content/updraft’ directory of the site via FTP.

The contents will be too long to post here directly, but you can use an online service such as Dropbox or Pastebin, and post the link here.

Best Wishes,
    David N

a.weimann
    Participant

Hi please find the log file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6euf5tu5nqilkif/log.08db555beed2.txt?dl=0

Thanks for helping!
    Best
    Andreas

a.weimann
    Participant

First logfile was from local server, this one is from webserver: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1wh2a66grwtvn48/log.b9c6e5cefc09.txt?dl=0

Best,
    Andreas

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Andreas,

Apologies for the delay.

Please could you ‘innodb_log_file_size’ to 128M?
    After changing this, you will need to follow these steps to apply the changes:

1. Shutdown the server
    2. Move away the log files (named ib_logfile0, ib_logfile1, etc.)
    3. Restart the server. New log files should be generated

You can then repeat the restoration.

Best Wishes,
    David N

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Cannot restore database from backup’ is closed to new replies.