Cannot update nor install :

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    william17
    Participant

My Updraft Plus plugin has vanished. I’m unable to reinstall using FTP (it doesn’t show up to activate on the plugins page when uploaded) nor using the Add New dialogs and selecting the freshly-downloaded ZIP file. This is the error received:

“Installation failed: Inactivity Timeout Inactivity Timeout Description: Too much time has passed without sending any data for document.”

This was working just fine over the last few months, but somehow it looks like an update removed it (even though the files were still on the server). GoDaddy has been of NO help with this, even though the site is hosted on their Managed WordPress platform.

Any suggestions??

info1778
    Participant

I am not able tot install updraft plus either it worked fine until the 30th october, contacted support just now.:(

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

Are you able to install the free version of the plugin? (You will need to completely delete the ‘wp-content/plugins/updraftplus’ directory before attempting to reinstall)

Are you using any security plugins on the site (or have any security modules active on your hosting)?

Best Wishes,
    David N

info1778
    Participant

First I did delete the directory mentioned above.
    Then I installed the free verstond of the plug-in.
    Then did restore the latest backup and got the premium version running.
    I have Bulletproof running for security.

william17
    Participant

I have deleted the updraft directory a few times. I was originally running Bulletproof. I’ve removed that and replaced with Wordfence. Today I deactivated Wordfence and still end up with the same error:
    Installation failed: Connection lost or the server is busy. Please try again later.

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

I’ll make a note for our developers to look into Bulletproof.

@william17
    , This error indicates that your server may be overloaded. Please could you contact your server admin or hosts, and ask them to check the load on the server?

Best Wishes,
    David N

Michael
    Participant

@David I am having the same issue as above. Everything worked fine for close to 3 years for this one particular client using this software. In November I noticed the updraft plus issue where it would be hidden from the plugins, even though it said it was installed if I tried to reinstall it.

The error I would keep receiving is the same as above:
    “Installation failed: Inactivity Timeout Inactivity Timeout Description: Too much time has passed without sending any data for document.”

I don’t have Wordfence or Bulletproof on this particular site. And I was just on the phone with the hosting company & they said everything looks good & there shouldn’t be any issues. Any ideas?

Dee Nutbourne

Hi @Michael,

Does the site use any caching plugins?

If so, please could you clear any caches and access the site via an incognito browser window (to eliminate browser cache), and attempt the installation again?

Best Wishes,
    David N

Michael
    Participant

@David

Thank you for your reply. The site has the godaddy flush feature installed (I don’t believe it is a plugin). I am not too familiar with godaddy’s hosting & it was a client decision to host there, but it does look like the plugin is showing up now & has not disappeared. I will let you know if the issue happens again after the next update.

Thank you for your time.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Cannot update nor install :’ is closed to new replies.