Can’t connect to WHM server over SSH anymore

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Can’t connect to WHM server over SSH anymore

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    admin485
    Participant

Hi there,

We are using Updraft Plus on several websites to create daily backups. They are copied via SCP/SFTP over SSH to a remote server. Since 27 September the connection stopped working on all websites. When testing the connection we receive the attached error message.

error message

We already reached out to the hosting company of our backup server, but they are unable to debug the issue.

What we’ve tried
    – recreated the private & public SSH key
    – restarted sshd service on the server and confirmed that it is active

What can I do to solve the issue?

Kind regards

What can I do to solve the issue?

Kind regards

admin485
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

Apologies for the delay.

Please could you confirm if you are able to connect using those credentials in a different client (e.g. WinSCP)?

Are all websites hosted on the same server/hosting account?

Best Wishes,
    Dee

admin485
    Participant

Hi Dee,

The websites that use Updraft Plus to copy backups to this server are all hosted on different servers.

I tried connecting to our backup server with WinSCP and it worked when using normal FTP, but not with SCP, SSH or SFTP.

We already got in touch with support team of the hosting company of the backup server and they replied with:

“I’ve checked through the logs and can’t see any connections made that were rejected or successful from livingonlinecoma.

I did find this > https://updraftplus.com/unblock-ip-address/ and ran your servers IP through it which did say a block was removed. However I can’t see any other information on if it was actually blocked or if it is a generic message.

I also noticed the firewall here was stopped/disabled so we could not be blocking any connections.”

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

Any block on your site’s IP address in our firewall would not have an effect on connections to your remote storage.

If the connection is also failing in WinSCP, this indicates that there is a problem with your SCP server or credentials.
    I would recommend asking your SCP server hosts to investigate further.

Alternatively, if you have workig FTP credentials, then you can swap your site to use FTP for remote storage upload.

Best Wishes,
    Dee

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Can’t connect to WHM server over SSH anymore’ is closed to new replies.