Can’t restore plugins from a backup

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Can’t restore plugins from a backup

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Widens Desir
    Participant

Final checks
    Looking for plugins archive: file name: backup_2020-03-23-1554_Techanica_324bd3255c66-plugins.zip
    Archive is expected to be size: 90247.7 KB: OK
    Plugins
    Unpacking backup… (backup_2020-03-23-1554_Techanica_324bd3255c66-plugins.zip, 88.1 MB)
    There has been a critical error on your website.

Learn more about debugging in WordPress.

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

To help us work out the cause of your problem, can you please send us a copy of the restoration log only?
    You can find this log in the ‘wp-content/updraft’ directory of your site via FTP.
    Please copy the contents into an online tool (such as https://pastebin.com/ ) and paste the link here.

Best Wishes,
    Bryle

Widens Desir
    Participant

Good day,
    after multiple tries, I got it to work, or it resolved itself for that particular site, which was the only one that was causing issues. I’m not sure what went wrong with that particular account (from whm/cpanel server migration), it was the only website I had to use a backup to bring it back, all others where fully operational after the transfer. Thinking about it, note that I do not delete my comments above. I believe the issue was that I initially have php5.6 enabled on the old server, but on the new server this version was deemed end of life, so by default was not installed. I had to manually add id to the whm profile. Once I did that, all worked fine. Anyway it was a challenging process for me.

Thank you for the support.

Widens Desir
    Participant

As I also remember, if this can help, the default phpmyadmin settings were not allowing the size of the plugins to installed/restore from the backup. Once I update the settings to a higher values, that also help fixes it. AS you can see, after the migration, I had to do a few tweaks.

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Glad you were able to resolve the issue.

We do recommend that upgrade the PHP version to 7.x. Please see FAQ: https://updraftplus.com/php-version-matter/

Also, UpdraftPlus has been designed to be dependent on your server resources. You may need to increase your resource limit depending on how big your site is.

Regards,
    Bryle

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Can’t restore plugins from a backup’ is closed to new replies.