Can’t update plugins after upgrading to WordPress 5.5

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Can’t update plugins after upgrading to WordPress 5.5

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mark Williams
    Participant

Is there a known issue with UpdraftPlus on 5.5? I have been investigating on a test server and found myself unable to update any plugins (the updates just continued showing “Updating…” and never completing). After quite some time wondering what was happening, I realized that the prompt to take a backup, presented by UpdraftPlus before a plugin is updated, wasn’t being displayed. Sure enough, right at the bottom of the screen was some poorly-formatted text (half of it off the screen), which seemed to that warning, rather than the popup I normally get.

I deactivated UpdraftPlus and can update all plugins fine. Reactivating results in the problem happening.

My guess is that there’s some problem with the UX for UpdraftPlus and 5.5. I did a quick search here and nothing leapt out, so wondered if this is a known issue?

Mark Williams
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    Mark Williams
    Participant

I should add that I downgraded to WordPress 5.4.2 and can update plugins again, with UpdraftPlus activated.

Bryle Crodua

Hi Mark,

Can you try installing this plugin and see if it fixes the issue? https://wordpress.org/plugins/enable-jquery-migrate-helper/

Regards,
    Bryle

Mark Williams
    Participant

Thank you for the response, Bryle. I downgraded and, for now, will stay on 5.4.2 so don’t have a 5.5 environment at hand. So, this was really just to check if there was an issue here, for awareness. It does seem pretty distinct so hopefully something that can be looked at before many of us move to 5.5.

alenka.dermol
    Participant

I have encountered exactly the same situation on one of my sites which is on WP 5.5.1. Installing the suggested (enable jquery migrate helper) plugin doesn’t help, the error persists. It is not possible to update any plugin without deactivating Updraft first.
    I have spent quite some hours troubleshooting this, along with my host, without success :-(

Bryle Crodua

Hi Alenka,

Do you get any error message when updating? If so, please can you send us a screenshot? You cannot attach files here so please use online tools or upload to cloud storage and share the link here.

Thanks,
    Bryle

alenka.dermol
    Participant

I don’t get any message, it is just spinning and nothing happens…
    I wait around one minute and then reload the page because nothing happens.
    Alenka

Bryle Crodua

Hi Alenka,

Can you try to temporarily deactivate all the other plugins and switch to default WordPress theme?
    Do you still get the same issue? It is possible that one of the plugins/theme used is causing the issue.

Regards,
    Bryle

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Can’t update plugins after upgrading to WordPress 5.5’ is closed to new replies.