Change Wording of Back-Up Status Notification

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Change Wording of Back-Up Status Notification

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Grant
    Participant

Is it possible to change the wording of the back-up status notification that is sent by email?

Latest status:
    The backup apparently succeeded and is now complete

Specifically remove the word “apparently”. Our client receives these notifications and “apparently succeeded” makes them question if the back-up actually was successful.

Thanks!

Ryan Grant
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Maybe ‘apparently’ has a different nuance over your side of the pond? Over here, it can mean ‘to all appearances – i.e. as far as it’s possible to tell’. A totally literal message like “we think the backup succeeded, but who knows, Dropbox could have lied about receiving the data and deleted it instead, etc etc…” would probably worry more people than it helped!

Thanks,
    Bryle

Ryan Grant
    Participant

Hi Bryle,
    Yes, I would say that is correct. Here in North America ‘apparently’ pretty much says, “As far as we can tell, we THINK the back-up completed.” So that does cast some doubt on if the service is actually working from a client standpoint. I don’t have any doubts when it comes to the backups, but from a client standpoint it might be worth considering changing that.

Ryan

Bryle Crodua

Hi Ryan,

I will send your feedback to our development team.

Thanks,
    Bryle

Ryan Grant
    Participant

Great. Thanks Bryle.

Jeffrey Safire
    Participant

I apparently agree with Ryan’s assesment of this status notification, although I can neither confirm or deny that.

When I first saw that notification (which also displays on-screen when UpdraftPlus completes a backup,) I spent ~20 minutes checking the validity of the backup, since I assumed “apparently” meant something strange may have occured but, UP couldn’t tell for certain if the backup completed successfully.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Change Wording of Back-Up Status Notification’ is closed to new replies.