Clone/Migrate Error Message

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Sergio
    Participant

I’m trying to send a backup to another site but i get this error message:

Testing connection…

Unexpected response: Error: cURL error 60: SSL certificate problem: certificate has expired (http_request_failed). You should check that the remote site is online, not firewalled, does not have security modules that may be blocking access, has UpdraftPlus version 2.10.3 or later active and that the keys have been entered correctly.

Sergio
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    Christopher Borchert
    Participant

The same is happening to me. I’m following this thread.

This is a new issue. For me, I have completed the the transfer between these two sites as a routine process several times in the past (most recently on September 20th).

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

May I know which method are you using to clone your site? Is it the direct site-to-site transfer? Do you also get the same issue if you use the other methods as described in step 3 of our migration guide here.

Thanks,
    Bryle

Jack Palmer
    Participant

Hello, I am having the same trouble. I’ve migrated 30+ sites using the same process of direct site-to-site transfer, but today, I get this error:

Unexpected response: Error: cURL error 60: SSL certificate problem: certificate has expired (http_request_failed). You should check that the remote site is online, not firewalled, does not have security modules that may be blocking access, has UpdraftPlus version 2.10.3 or later active and that the keys have been entered correctly.

I’m not doing anything differently. The servers and my process are the same as the other migrations made to date. I’ve removed and reapplied the Let’s Encrypt certificate. Can you please help me? Thank you

Christopher Borchert
    Participant

I think that this may have something to do with a change in how Let’s Encrypt is handling their SSL certs (starting 30 september 2021). See https://letsencrypt.org/docs/dst-root-ca-x3-expiration-september-2021

I will need to spend some time digging to find a real solution, but this seems like the source of the problem to me.

Jack Palmer
    Participant

Hi Christopher,
    Thank you for the insight. It sounds like I need to reach out to Updraft Plus and ask them what they will do about this as we purchased their migration tool expressly for this process and if we can’t use it now, that will be a huge problem for us. Let’s Encrypt is very popular so I would hope they would update their plugin.

I’ll see if I can find out how to reach out to them about this. If I learn anything, I’ll report back.

Thanks again!

Sandra
    Participant

Hello,

I have the same problem with Let’s Encrypt. Can you tell me when you plan to solve it?

Thanks and kind regards,

Sandra

Sandra
    Participant

Link to screenshot

I want to add that the back-ups are not performing correctly, as the process stops before finishing bundling the zip files.

Kind regards,

Sandra

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

Apologies for the delay in replying.

Yes, this issue appears to be caused by the LetsEncrypt change.
    This should only affect older versions of OpenSSL.

Please could you ask your hosts/server admin to check the OpenSSL version, and update it to a more recent version?

@Sandra
    Regarding the Please could you start a new thread or contact us via the support form, and send us a copy of the latest backup log?

Best Wishes,
    Dee

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Clone/Migrate Error Message’ is closed to new replies.