Clone only shows empty WP install

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Clone only shows empty WP install

Tagged: 

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Bryle Crodua.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Michael Warner
    Participant

I go through the process of cloning a site and everything seems successful. But when I actually go to the cloned site it is only an empty WP install. Also, the DB doesn’t contain the data when I log into manage it. I’ve tried cloning different backups, the active site, different version of PHP and WordPress but to no luck. I wasn’t able to see anything in logs on the original site or in any of the updraftplus logs to indicate an error.

• This topic was modified 1 year ago by Michael Warner.
    Michael Warner
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi,

May I know at which point of the cloning process are you stuck? Do you get any error/warning message?

Thanks,
    Bryle

Michael Warner
    Participant

It had created the clone and there seemed to be a wordpress instance at the advertised location. After some time it gave the error that the backup had completed and the data was being transferred. Later it gave an error that there was apparently an issue. I presume it was in the transfer of data.

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

To help us work out the cause of your problem, can you please send us a copy of the backup log?
    This log can be found in the Existing Backups tab of the UpdraftPlus dashboard.
    If you cannot access the UpdraftPlus dashboard, then you can find the log file in the ‘wp-content/updraft’ directory via FTP or your hosts’ file manager.

Best Wishes,
    Bryle

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Clone only shows empty WP install’ is closed to new replies.