Clone

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    afsana
    Participant

Hi

How long does it take to a clone a site? It is more than 2 hours and the progress for the site is still saying ‘waiting site data’

please advise

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

It should note take that long.

Please could you send us the backup log for the clone? This can be found in the original site’s UpdraftPlus Backup/Restore tab.

Regards,
    Bryle

afsana
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    afsana
    Participant

Please can I have clear instructions on how to clone. I just zipped the entire public folder and it is 1.5 G – could that be the issue?

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Thanks for the log.

It shows that the backup process is timed out or killed off.

Could you try to reduce the backup archive split size. This will split the backup into smaller, more manageable files.

To do this, open the ‘expert settings’ section of the UpdraftPlus Settings tab, and find the ‘split backups every’ option. Set this to 100Mb or 50Mb, save your settings and run clone process?

To clone site, just go to the “Migrate/Clone” tab and click the Clone button then follow the rest of the steps.

Regards,
    Bryle

afsana
    Participant

Thank you for the advice. I have started the new clone about 20min. What is the estimated time and do I need to have that window open/computer on until it is cloned? It is currently waiting for site data. I don’t need to do anything further, right?

This process is too simple for me to understand :)

afsana
    Participant

I have sent it 50mb as you advised. It has been 15 hours and it is still not setup.

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

Please could you open the latest log file, and check the number in brackets on the last line in the log?

What is that number?

Best Wishes,
    David N

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Clone’ is closed to new replies.