Cloning stuck in Processing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    aaron
    Participant

We’re setting up a dev site for a client of ours. We’ve done everything we need to clone the site including having the backup on the dev site. We went to do the clone/restore and it sites on processing for a long time. I thought maybe it just takes a while for this particular site. We’ve done it many times for many sites and we’ve never seen it take this long. So much so that we let it run overnight last night to no avail. All we keep seeing is…

Retrieving (if necessary) and preparing backup files…

Processing…

How can we tell if it’s stuck? What should we do to give it a bit of a shove?

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

Please could you confirm that the backup files themselves are on the new server (i.e. they were uploaded to the site and are located in the ‘wp-content/updraft’ directory)?

Please could you try to restore with your browser’s developer tools open (instructions here)? Do any errors appear in the console?

Best Wishes,
    David N

bigjbritt
    Participant

how long should this take. I’m going on about 20 minutes I can’t tell if this is stuck or not.

aaron
    Participant

I’m not sure. I finally gave up, uninstalled and reinstalled.

Dee Nutbourne

Hi bigjbritt,

We recommend leaving at least an hour for backups to complete. If you find that the backups are still running after this time, please could you send us a copy of the backup log?

The contents will be too long to post here directly, but you can use an online service such as Dropbox or Pastebin, and post the link.

Best Wishes,
    David N

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Cloning stuck in Processing’ is closed to new replies.