CPU 100% – Hangs on – Beginning dispatch of backup to remote (s3)

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin CPU 100% – Hangs on – Beginning dispatch of backup to remote (s3)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

We built a new server with php 7.1.29 Apache 2.4 configured for MPM Event. It runs well. As we started rolling out our site template that includes our pre-configured updraft plus setup we started noticing our CPU’s spiking to 100%, apachectl fullstatus would always indicate that wp-cron was running during the spike so we disabled wp-crom in the config files and manually setup crons for updraft plus. The backups would kick off in the WP admin area and always die at “Beginning dispatch of backup to remote (s3)” but not spike the CPU since they were not holding up httpd. When we re-enable wp-cron and kick off the backup from the updraft plus page it spikes the CPU to 100% and dies at the same place. I installed AWS PHP SDK with composer and was able to upload the backup zip without an issue.

Chris
    Participant

Another note. Nothing in the Apache log for the domain. when I use the test s3 settings button I get the same CPU spike. When I kill the process that is hung up the updraft setting screen shows an error “updraft_send_command: error: error ()”

Chris
    Participant

I configured backblaze and that works, unfortunately I cannot get AWS to work without blowing up the server. I still need a fix

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Please could you send us a copy of the latest backup log? This can be found in the UpdraftPlus Existing Backups tab.
    The contents will be too long to post here directly, but you can use an online service such as Dropbox or Pastebin, and post the link here.

Best Wishes,
    Bryle

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘CPU 100% – Hangs on – Beginning dispatch of backup to remote (s3)’ is closed to new replies.