Create Key – PHP 5.4.45

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Jim.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Shiner
    Participant

During setting on one of my sites on UpdraftCentral, I requested the creation of the key and it just sat there spinning away. No errors in any log files, no time outs.
    As I’d already succesfully added a couple of other sites, I had a quick look and the only thing I spotted different was the failing site was using PHP 5.4.45.
    My other sites were using PHP 7.0.4.

Rather than jump to PHP 7.0.4, I moved the site to PHP 5.5.33 and it worked right away.
    It might be something specific to 5.4.45 since I’d also previously added a site using PHP 5.3.29

I did put another site to PHP 5.4.45 and that failed to create the key too.

Other than that, installation went fine.
    I do get the odd “communication” error with 1 of my sites, but I’ll check into that at a later date.

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,

Some PHP version / operating system combinations seem to have dodgy random number setups, such that if you ask PHP to generate a random number, it takes ages to come up with anything – that’s likely to be the case here.

David

udadmin
    Keymaster

Our latest release now has an option to create keys with fewer bits, which is quicker (but weaker encryption, of course). This should help problematic PHP setups.

The real solution is to install the PHP openssl or PHP GMP modules – it’s the lack of those that makes key generation be slow.

David

Jim
    Participant

Just chiming in to say that, for me too, changing my version of PHP allowed me to generate the key.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Create Key – PHP 5.4.45’ is closed to new replies.