Deactivate More Files Addon for a website

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Deactivate More Files Addon for a website

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Zechariah Manning
    Participant

Hello. I have uninstalled the more files add-on for a website and reinstalled the default Updraft Plus as found in the WordPress plugin repository.

I then installed the more files to another site and signed in under Premium extensions.

For some reason, under my licenses, I still see the old site as activated. The new is not showing up at all.

I have two licenses.

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

Please could you specify which site is no longer needed? I can then reset that license for you.

Best Wishes,
    David N

Zechariah Manning
    Participant

Thank you. But as a paying customer, why does it have to be done this way? This an inconvenience that is unneeded. Why not add a deactivate license button like any other licensing system?

In any case, please deactivate SmartTecc.com (leave dealers.smartecc.com activated).

I will then activate prosecuritysource.com with the available license.

This will result in two activated licenses— dealers.smarttecc.com and prosecuritysource.com

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

I have reset the license for you now.

As UpdraftPlus Premium is a digital product, licenses are non-transferable between sites once assigned.

Best Wishes,
    David N

Zechariah Manning
    Participant

“…licenses are non-transferable between sites once assigned.”

Therein lies your problem. That’s a dumb policy, and just about every other plugin developer has a solution, except Updraft I guess.

As long as the number of available activations remains the same, there is absolutely no reason why the license/activation cannot be deactivated and activated between domains. The license is not being transferred to another person, and valid Updraft login credentials are needed to make any changes anyway (both inside and outside of WordPress). So please don’t give me a goofy answer that makes no sense. Instead, just say “Unlike other premium plugins, we have chosen to make it more difficult to activate and deactivate licenses, hoping that people will instead just buy another license to avoid the hassle.”

In any case, thank you for deactivating.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Deactivate More Files Addon for a website’ is closed to new replies.