Dev Site Migration

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ethan
    Participant

Hello, I created a dev version of a client’s site at dev.callandresponsefoundation.org, where I have been working on a new theme. In the meantime, the client has continued adding new content to the original site at callandresponsefoundation.org.

My question: How can I migrate JUST the content (posts and pages) from the old site to the dev site to make sure it all works with my new theme? I don’t want to do a complete database migration because the live site is running an older version of wordpress and has several issues I don’t want to bring over to the dev site (I have already fixed them there). Again, I want to use Updraft to migrate just the posts and pages from live site to the dev site. How do I do this?

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Ethan,

UpdraftPlus isn’t the tool for that kind of job… UpdraftPlus is a whole-site backup/restore/clone tool; it’s not got any facilities for slicing and dicing partial content. I think what you’re looking for is the built-in Import/Export tools that you can find in your WP install in the “Tools” menu – these allow you to import/export individual posts/pages.

Best wishes,
    David

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Dev Site Migration’ is closed to new replies.