Disable Automatic Backup before updating plugin / themes

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Disable Automatic Backup before updating plugin / themes

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    KK
    Participant

Hi,

I enabled to update plugin / theme before updates but site is too big as I have also enabled to backup core and it take too much time to complete the job.

Is it possible to backup only the plugins folder or themes folder instead of whole site? Or is it possible to backup on plugin / theme which is being used?

Or, how can I disable this feature?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Karim,

When you are updating a plugin or theme, UpdraftPlus’s automatic backup already does only back up that entity, plus the database. At least, that’s what it should be doing.

David

KK
    Participant

Hi David,

It always hangs at my end, I guess because I have selected wp-core as well.

Can you please tell me how can I disable this option?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Karim,

Dashboard -> Updates

Best wishes,
    David

Garry
    Participant

I had a similar request, and found a very small issue that David has corrected. When your go to “Dashboard – Updates” like David suggests above, you will see two check boxes. One is to NOT do the auto-backup, the other is to remember your choice.

Set it appropriately for your choice and update. The issue corrected was that in some rare cases, your choice was not remembered.

As I write this, the current version is “updraftplus.1.9.26”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Disable Automatic Backup before updating plugin / themes’ is closed to new replies.