Dropbox Backup Download to PC doesnt works

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Dropbox Backup Download to PC doesnt works

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    KK
    Participant

Hi,

I had a backup on dropbox with wordpress core.

When i try to download it on pc, it redirects to dashboard instead of downloading…

Could you help me out with this?

Thanks

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Karim,

Some hosts or ISPs have proxies set up in front of your webserver that interfere with the download. Or, it could be a rogue plugin that is injecting whitespace and breaking the communication.To work around this (whatever the cause), use FTP and get the backup directly from wp-content/updraft on your website after fetching it from Dropbox. Alternatively, visit http://www.dropbox.com and download it directly from there.

David

KK
    Participant

Hi David,

If this is something happening to download to pc option… there is a chance it happens to restore as well so isn’t this issue as risk?

Thanks

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Karim,

It only affects the direct-download-to-PC. For some reason, some proxies don’t seem to like a file being spooled to the browser in that way. Unfortunately nobody who operates a proxy in front of their webserver that’s had this issue has been willing to look at it in detail. (We’ve not been able to reproduce it on any setup we have – I think the people who see it have been content to just download via FTP or direct from the cloud storage website).

That is… it doesn’t affect the cloud-storage-to-UpdraftPlus-on-website leg of any restore. It’s only the UpdraftPlus-to-browser that gets affected. And UpdraftPlus-to-browser isn’t something that happens during a restore.

David

KK
    Participant

Thanks David, can you recommend any way i can restore the backup on my local pc to test it once?

Thanks

udadmin
    Keymaster
    KK
    Participant

Hi,

Actually i was looking for an easy software than WAMP to restore backup on my computer.

Thanks

udadmin
    Keymaster

You’re looking for a recommendation for an easy-to-use WAMP alternative? I’m not a very helpful person to ask about this, I’m afraid – I’m on Linux rather than Windows, and like to do things by hand!

David

Ewing Creative Admin
    Participant
    Quote:
    Actually i was looking for an easy software than WAMP to restore backup on my computer.

InstantWP is about as easy as it gets on Windows.

https://www.instantwp.com/

KK
    Participant

Thanks David you are the champ.

Hi Ed, thank you so much for the tip (Y)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Dropbox Backup Download to PC doesnt works’ is closed to new replies.