email notification failure

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  udadmin 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    plwiblewp
    Participant

Good greetings. Let me start by saying that I love your plugin!

I am having trouble with getting the “Backup Report” email notification working with the Post SMTP plugin. To be fair, this plugin works flawlessly with both Wordfence and Contact Form 7 plugins.

Here is the debug log for the fail:

[14-Feb-2019 20:40:17 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 2 passed to Google_Http_MediaFileUpload::__construct() must be an instance of Psr\Http\Message\RequestInterface, instance of Google_Http_Request given, called in /home/xzyzxx/public_html/mydomain.org/blog/wp-content/plugins/post-smtp/Postman/Postman-Mail/PostmanGmailApiModuleZendMailTransport.php on line 211 and defined in /home/xzyzxx/public_html/mydomain.org/blog/wp-content/plugins/post-smtp/Postman/Postman-Mail/google-api-client/vendor/google/apiclient/src/Google/Http/MediaFileUpload.php:76
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/xzyzxx/public_html/mydomain.org/blog/wp-content/plugins/post-smtp/Postman/Postman-Mail/PostmanGmailApiModuleZendMailTransport.php(211): Google_Http_MediaFileUpload->__construct(Object(Google_Client), Object(Google_Http_Request), ‘message/rfc822’, ‘X-Mailer: Postm…’, true, 1048576)
    #1 /home/xzyzxx/public_html/mydomain.org/blog/wp-content/plugins/post-smtp/Postman/Postman-Mail/Zend-1.12.10/Mail/Transport/Abstract.php(348): Postman in /home/xzyzxx/public_html/mydomain.org/blog/wp-content/plugins/post-smtp/Postman/Postman-Mail/google-api-client/vendor/google/apiclient/src/Google/Http/MediaFileUpload.php on line 76

I am also posting this on the Post SMTP support forum. Can you give me any clues what might be wrong? Many thanks!

With gratitude,
    Bodhi Goforth

plwiblewp
    Participant

PS. Suspect the log file attachment may be the culprit. Awaiting feedback from the Post SMTP support forum.

Bryle Crodua

Hi Bodhi,

That problem between UpdraftPlus and the WP Mail SMTP plugin was still last year and the developer of WP Mail SMTP were working on a solution as posted here:
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/google-api-problem-2/#post-10448740

Best Wishes,
    Bryle

plwiblewp
    Participant

Thanks Bryle, for your prompt reply.

I confess I am puzzled that you directed me to the WordPress support forum for WP Mail SMTP by WPForms. The plugin involved in this case is Post SMTP https://wordpress.org/plugins/post-smtp/.

Am I missing something?

With gratitude,
    Bodhi

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion. The error message indicates that the SMTP plugin is loading an incompatible version of the Google SDK inside every WordPress process.

UpdraftPlus loads the Google SDK only when it is about to use it. Because of the other plugin’s behaviour, this means an incompatible version is already loaded. The best thing to do is ask them (the actual plugin, not the mis-stated one) to only load the Google SDK immediately prior to use, so that it can’t interfere with other plugins.

David

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘email notification failure’ is closed to new replies.