Error message when backing up

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Madison McCall
    Participant

I recently purchased the PRO version and have set it to do backups. The last two nights the backup has failed and in the email is this error code

HTTP code: not_authed CF-Ray: 54041823dd9f5829-DFW

It looks like something isn’t authorized?

I did read another thread that talked about breaking up a download into 50MB sections and have made that adjustment in case that is the problem. But if anyone else has come across this error code and it is something different, I’d love to know more.

Thank you

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Please can you send us a copy of the backup log?
    This can be found in the UpdraftPlus Existing Backups tab.
    Please use an online service such as Dropbox or Pastebin for the log, and post the link here.

Best Wishes,
    Bryle

Madison McCall
    Participant

I saved the log that came via email to Google Drive. Here is the link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W4LMjl5Tosrq_9fW8dyCrMmXdoLDubZI/view?usp=sharing

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Thanks for that.

Please can you try to unblock your IP address using this tool – https://updraftplus.com/unblock-ip-address/

Regards,
    Bryle

Madison McCall
    Participant

Thank you, I have done that and we’ll see if it works when it tries to backup tonight.

Madison McCall
    Participant

The IP is unblocked but I still received error messages. Here are the two logs I received since there were 2 different backups running last night

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1miRZjKh509YIeviDLjp9abbTOJG6L56P
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Egm4cMYOdOJFYmcTbQAvl1L4mCcmkpzl

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Please can you try to wipeout UpdraftPlus settings? This can be found in the “Advance Tools” tab. You will also not lose your backups in the process. However, you will have to setup your remote storage and backup schedules again.

Regards,
    Bryle

Madison McCall
    Participant

I tried that and even uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin and there is this error message in my WP settings etc after installing the plugin and connecting it to Microsoft OneDrive

Success: you have authenticated your OneDrive account. However, subsequent access attempts failed:
    An error response was received; HTTP code: not_authed CF-Ray: 542a6fe08d20e03f-DFW

Looking at some past threads – it is possible my IP needs to be whitelisted with Cloudflare. Here is a thread I found – https://updraftplus.com/forums/topic/backup-failing-to-onedrive-not_authed/

I did submit my site’s IP address via the link you gave me and it said it was unblocked when I tried it again later. But perhaps there are more issues?

I will reply again with my IP address so you can double check

Madison McCall
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Do you have any caching or security plugin installed on your site?

Can you also try to temporarily deactivate and attempt a new backup.

Regards,
    Bryle

Madison McCall
    Participant

I have Wordfence Security plugin installed. I deactivated it and tried backing up again, still errors. I also have Anti-Malware Security & Brute Force Firewall. I also deactivated this plugin and tried backing up. Still errors.

I keep seeing this error message in the logs and other places: Error message: An error response was received; HTTP code: not_authed CF-Ray: 543925af9baeecde-DFW

Here is my recent log – https://drive.google.com/open?id=13YIXU8r_crW5WIsBm8LXX0G8f31ZMfyr

These are the other plugins I have activated on my site:
    Akismet Anti Spam
    Classic Editor
    Divi Builder
    Jetpack by WordPress
    Really Simple SSL
    Triberr
    Subscribe button
    WP Missed Schedule

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Could you also ask your host/server admin to unblock UpraftPlus IP address?
    UpdraftPlus IP address:

Regards,
    Bryle

Madison McCall
    Participant

I haven’t done this yet BUT it seems like I can backup to Dropbox but not Microsoft or Google, even after authenticating and following all of the instructions.

I also had the free version installed and it backed up to dropbox months ago so I don’t think it is my webhost since it has worked but for some reason it does not want to back up to Microsoft OneDrive or Google Drive.

So if it will backup to one source but not others, there must be a problem with the plugin/software. I can’t imagine how anything on my webhost would block one one source over another.

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Could you try using a different OneDrive or Google Drive account and see if the issue persists?

If yes, I will consult our developers on the issue. Please provide us logs or screenshots to support the problem you are having.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,
    Bryle

Madison McCall
    Participant

I’m not sure how I am supposed to use a different Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive account since it is tied to my email and I only have one for each.

I have provided multiple logs and even copied and pasted the error message within WP. Here is the error message

Error message: An error response was received; HTTP code: not_authed CF-Ray: 543925af9baeecde-DFW

I will try backing up to both Google Drive and OneDrive again and provide those logs but I don’t think it will be much different than what I provided before.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘Error message when backing up’ is closed to new replies.