Error on Migration

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Laurence
    Participant

I migrated a site on a clean new wordpress install but after the migration. I can not access the site anymore 404 on all pages including home page. https://holographix.com/wordpress/wp-admin.
    Any idea ?

Bryle Crodua

Hi Laurence,

Apologies for the late reply.

Please check this FAQ on how to resolve the problem – https://updraftplus.com/faqs/migrating-site-front-page-works-pages-give-404-error/

Regards,
    Bryle

petewall1981
    Participant

Hi, I am also having issues with trying to migrate my site to a new staging site for further development and testing. The first attempt failed completely and the site was completely inaccessible from the back end. Then after a second attempt The site migration partially worked, however upon going to the plugins page I receive around 30 error messages stating that various plugins have been deactivated, because the plugin files did not exist. I did select the plugins checkbox when I did the migration from the original domain, so I’m not sure why it missed these. Thanks.

petewall1981
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi @petewall1981,

To help us work out the cause of your problem, can you please send us a copy of the migration log?
    You can find this log in the ‘wp-content/updraft’ directory of your new site location.
    The contents will be too long to post here directly, but you can use an online service such as Dropbox or Pastebin, and post the link here.

Best Wishes,
    Bryle

petewall1981
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    petewall1981
    Participant

Actually, I just took a look at the log myself and it appears it may be because I used a non-standard table name prefix th1_ instead of the default wp_ prefix and it seems to be restoring the tables to wp_table_name instead of th1_table_name. It looks like the plugins should have copied fine, but if the database didn’t copy correctly, could wordpress have maybe disabled them? Anyway, hopefully this helps. Thanks a lot. Pete.

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

From the log, it appears that the site you are restoring to is configured to use ‘wp_’ as the prefix. As such, UpdraftPlus is restoring each table in the backup using this prefix.

It appears that there are some large tables (especially ‘_stream_meta’), and the restoration is being timed out while attempting to search and replace them, leaving an incomplete restoration.

Please could you ask your server admin/hosts if it would be possible to temporarily disable or increase the PHP maximum execution time?

Best Wishes,
    David N

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Error on Migration’ is closed to new replies.