ERROR The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini.

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin ERROR The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anthony
    Participant

Hello guys,

This is the third time I have used my copy of Updraft plus for a migration – other 2 very successful, quick and easy to understand

This time I took the Latest download …..

updraftplus-with-migrator.2.11.21

downloaded fine but got the error message when I was trying to add the plugin to WP to the site I want to clone to get started –

ERROR MESSAGE RETURNED
    The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini

YES – I deleted the old standard Updraft Plus first

My solution (short term) will be to use the last copy of UD plus I downloaded and successfully used – OK it may be out of date but I’ll use it for the upload as well and if WP wants to do an Upgrade I’ll accept on both sites.

What should I really do? ( if I were patient)

Thanks

Anthony
    Participant

Oops – that didn’t seen to work – older copy of download did the same (worked fine a couple of weeks ago)_ any ideas please?

(excuse if this is a simple issue – I am relatively new to wp and the set up so try to do as much as possible within the applications but OK to go to FTP if necessary with the right direction)

Luke Cahill
    Spectator

Hi Anthony,

To increase the upload_max_filesize you can use this plugin; Upload Larger Plugins.

This extends WordPress’ plugin uploader with the ability to handle files above the configured PHP upload limit.

Best wishes,
    Luke

Anthony
    Participant

Fantastic Luke – thanks

I thought there would be an easy way – great advice for the future – just missed using it this time.

As I write this I’m currently using FTP to upload an unzipped copy of the latest updraftplus download files I got from my account this morning back up to my server into ..

wp-content/plugins/updraftplus/

This was just to get moving – slow but I understand that this will do the job today

Is this OK?

Thanks again

Tony

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Tony,

Yes, that’s right – that’s all that WP is doing when installing a zip: it’s unzipping into the right directory. More info here: https://updraftplus.com/understanding-wordpress-installs-plugins/

David

Anthony
    Participant

Many Thanks

Tony

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘ERROR The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini.’ is closed to new replies.