Errors during backup of large site to Backblaze

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Errors during backup of large site to Backblaze

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Jason Dear
    Participant

It looks like that was not successful in preventing the debug version from being overwritten with the production version, I am once again back on version 2.16.16.24 and receiving backup errors. I will put the debug version back in and turn off auto-update again. If you could let me know once the new version comes out then that would be wonderful.

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Jason,

That’s weird, as the only way WP works out if a new version is available is by comparing version numbers in the plugin header file (updraftplus/updraftplus.php). Unfortunately, we don’t have a system that can auto-alert a forum post on a new version. The best thing to do is to check the “Updates” page in your WP dashboard and see if a new UD release is showing there. A notice will also show on the UD settings page.

David

Jason Dear
    Participant

Okay. Would you be able to give me a rough idea on what kind of timeframe we might be looking at for a new production version? E.g. would it be a few weeks or several months?

udadmin
    Keymaster

There’s usually a release approximately every 4 weeks (see: https://updraftplus.com/changelog/), so, likely one in around a fortnight or so.

Jason Dear
    Participant

That’s brilliant, thanks.

Thank you very much for all your help with this issue and I look forward to the new release.

Andreas Wagner
    Participant

hey,
    i think this is related: https://updraftplus.com/forums/topic/backblaze-confusing-error-messages-due-to-backblaze-design/

i also encounter errors like Jason’s.

basically a mix of ‘string does not start with quote’ and ‘Part number 1 has not been uploaded’ (upload usually got stuck cause of a 503 (see my previous post))

I will add a log in the next post, if that helps.

Andreas Wagner
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    udadmin
    Keymaster

If you believe you have the same problem as was resolved in this topic, then it would be best to re-investigate when the next release (with the fix) comes out – which is likely to be in the next 7-10 days.

Jason Dear
    Participant

Should there not have been a new version of UpdraftPlus out by now? I had been led to understand that it was expected to be out at the end of August, but we’re now more than a third of the way through September and there’s no new version listed on the changelog page, which still says 23 July.

Andreas Wagner
    Participant

i’d like to second that.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • The topic ‘Errors during backup of large site to Backblaze’ is closed to new replies.