Excluding tables during migrations

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Excluding tables during migrations

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Stuart Alper
    Participant

Hi Support,

I am using Updraftplus to backup and migrate between my development, QA, and production sites. In my organization we have developers that do not have access to the production site. Using your plugin we have found that it is often necessary to migrate the database since it includes posts and web page data. As a consequence we have to manually delete the developers from the QA and production sites as well as reconfigure plugins on the aforementioned sites as well due to settings being lost.Is there a way to exclude the plugins and users tables as well as reassign ownership of the content owned by non migrated users during a migration?

Bryle Crodua
    Stuart Alper
    Participant

Hi Support,

Thank you for the link, it’s a great start to resolving my issue. Since I am looking to exclude the user table is there a way to avoid issues with orphan posts? Since our developers are not on the production system but are updating content I would need to associate there content with another user (similar to what is done when you delete a user)

Please advise

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Stuart,

I am afraid that UpdraftPlus does not currently include an option to reassign orphan posts during a migration.
    This would need to be done manually before or after the migration.

Best Wishes,
    Dee

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Excluding tables during migrations’ is closed to new replies.