Failed Backups left on Server

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kermit
    Participant

What’s happening is that when a backup fails all the files are left on the site’s server and are not deleted. I filled 160gb drive and crashed my server with this. (I removed them via FTP once I discovered this).

I would suggest that when ANY backup starts that all of the prior files should be deleted (obviously when you’re storing to a cloud storage) so this doesn’t happen in the future. This could be an option in settings.

Kermit Woodall

Bryle Crodua
    Kermit
    Participant

Unfortunately, there were WEEKS of failed backups left on the server. Even a successful backup didn’t trigger removing these.

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

It is possible that the backup has failed to completely send the backups to your remote storage but was able to create the backup on your local server. UpdraftPlus will only delete the backups when the backup has successfully sent the backup to your remote storage.

Please setup email notification so you will know when the backup fails to complete and immediately fix the issue.

Regards,
    Bryle

Kermit
    Participant

Yes, and this is exactly the scenario I originally described, which led to this suggestion that there SHOULD be a method that can automatically trigger a deletion regardless of failures. Leaving failed backups on the local server is a very undesirable situation.

Kermit Woodall

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Failed Backups left on Server’ is closed to new replies.